Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘They’d have been bigger’: Lauren Sanchez reveals identity of figurehead on Jeff Bezos’ yacht and why it’s not her

2023-11-14 04:48
Lauren Sanchez said that she was 'very flattered' by the comparisons, but denied that she was the model for the polished wooden idol
‘They’d have been bigger’: Lauren Sanchez reveals identity of figurehead on Jeff Bezos’ yacht and why it’s not her

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Lauren Sanchez, 53, has set the record straight about the voluptuous figurehead on Jeff Bezos’ yacht which many have speculated is based on her likeness.

The former TV anchor, who is engaged to the Amazon founder has revealed that the sculpture is actually inspired by a Norse goddess.

The figurehead is Freyja, the goddess of love and war, says Lauren Sanchez

In an interview with Vogue, Sanchez said that she was “very flattered” by the comparisons, but denied that she was the model for the polished wooden idol that adorns the prow of Bezos’ $500 million vessel named Koru - a Maori word for “new beginnings.”

She explained that the curvaceous carving, dressed in a flowing gown and with long hair, was in fact based on one of her fiance’s favorite mythological figures - Freyja, the goddess of love, fertility, war, and gold.

“If it was me…,” Sanchez joked, while as per the report, making a gesture of having a much larger bust.

She said, "It represents the name of the yacht, Koru, which means ‘new beginnings.’ It’s very symbolic for us."

Jeff Bezos’ yacht is the tallest sailing yacht and second-largest in the world

The 441-foot-tall boat, which is said to be the tallest sailing yacht in the world, was built under 'Project 721' at a historic port of Zwijndrecht near Rotterdam in the Netherlands according to Daily Mail.

The Koru underwent sea trials in February before being handed over to Bezos. It is the second-largest sailing ship in the world.

Koru is surpassed by the Philippe Starcke-designed Sailing Yacht A, which is owned by Russian fertilizer billionaire Andrey Melnichenko.

Before the superyacht Koru was even launched last year, it caused a huge uproar when Rotterdam decided to take out the middle part of the century-old Koningshaven Bridge so that the vessel could sail to the North Sea.

Bezos, the owner of the superyacht, had reportedly offered to pay for the bridge to be taken apart and put back together again - but his offer was rejected.

Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez are planning their wedding

Sanchez also opened up about her engagement to the billionaire businessman who proposed to her in May at sea after a romantic dinner under the stars.

She said that she “blacked out” when she saw her huge pink diamond ring and accepted his proposal.

The couple, who have been dating since 2019, are still in the process of deciding on what kind of wedding they will have.

Sanchez said that they were considering various options, such as having a big or a small ceremony or tying the knot overseas.

“We’re still thinking about the wedding, what it’s going to be. Is it going to be big? Is it going to be overseas? We don’t know yet,” she said, adding that she was more focused on Bezos’ 60th birthday party in January.

On her wedding dress, she said, “I have some ideas for my dress, but I haven’t made any real decisions yet.

"I like to have fun with fashion. I like to mix it up. I like to wear things that make me feel good and confident. I don’t follow trends. I follow my heart,” she said.

Tags news