Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Justin Timberlake turns off Instagram comments in wake of Britney Spears’ memoir, Internet says 'he's over'

2023-10-27 17:51
Britney Spears' memoir 'The Woman in Me' has revealed contentious details about her relationship with Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake turns off Instagram comments in wake of Britney Spears’ memoir, Internet says 'he's over'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Justin Timberlake, a versatile American singer-songwriter, has chosen to deactivate comments on his Instagram profile in the wake of a storm of criticism stemming from disclosures in Britney Spears' newly published memoir 'The Woman in Me'.

The memoir by Spears provides a candid glimpse into her personal and professional journey, and it contains some contentious references to Timberlake, who was once her romantic partner.

These revelations have elicited a robust response from the online community, with a significant number of users voicing their condemnation of Timberlake's past behavior.

What does Britney Spears' memoir say about Justin Timberlake?

Timberlake's depiction in Spears' book has emerged as a central discussion point following its release.

Timberlake, 42, and Spears,41, were in a relationship for three years until their split in 2002. The breakup was surrounded by rumors that the 'Baby One More Time' artist had been unfaithful to him.

In her book, 'The Woman in Me', Spears confirmed the infidelity allegations by admitting to a romantic encounter with her choreographer, Wade Robson.

However, she also alleges that Timberlake was not entirely faithful either. "There were a couple of times during our relationship when I knew Justin had cheated on me," the 'Toxic' singer penned.

"There were rumors about him with other dancers and groupies. I let it all go, but clearly, he'd slept around," Spears explained. "It was one of those things where you know but you just don't say anything." She added, "So I did, too. Not a lot – one time, with Wade Robinson."

Spears disclosed in her memoir that during her relationship with Timberlake, she underwent an abortion. Initially, she had contemplated continuing the pregnancy. However, she asserts that Timberlake was not in agreement with this decision.

"But Justin definitely wasn't happy about the pregnancy," she noted. "He said we weren't ready to have a baby in our lives, that we were way too young. If he didn't want to become a father, I didn't feel like I had much of a choice."

His comment section was inundated with unfavorable remarks from Spears' fans prior to disabling the comments on his Instagram posts.

Fans say Justin Timberlake is 'over'

The severity of the backlash prompted Timberlake to take the drastic step of disabling comments on his Instagram posts due to "hateful, disgusting things people were saying" on his page, as per an insider who told Page Six.

This action has ignited further controversy, leading to internet users proclaiming "OH HE’S OVER FR."

"Sounds like he's a bit upset about this book coming out?" said another.

"Justin Timberlake after hearing anything about Britney Spears:" noted another.

"He’s saying bye, bye, bye to the haters," noted another. One user mentioned, "It's his turn to write a book."

Tags news