Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Jeopardy! Masters' star Mattea Roach rocks chic look while talking about first lesbian film they ever saw: 'It blew my mind'

2023-07-02 15:28
'I think it was the first lesbian movie I had ever seen. And it totally blew my mind,' they said
'Jeopardy! Masters' star Mattea Roach rocks chic look while talking about first lesbian film they ever saw: 'It blew my mind'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Jeopardy! Masters’ former champ Mattea Roach recently showed off their new chic look while talking about their first lesbian movie. Earlier in May, the ‘Jeopardy! Masters’ finalist nearly beat ultimate ‘self-declared’ game show villain, James Holzhauer in the first annual Tournament.

The 24-year-old donned a daring outfit while spilling the beans about their experience after watching first lesbian movie. The Gen-Z, Canadian-born ‘Jeopardy! Masters’ contestant worked as a tutor for law students and became the youngest super-champ with 10-day plus winnings. Roach graduated from the University of Toronto with a bachelor’s degree in sexual diversity studies, political science, and women and gender studies. They won their first game on April 15 and amassed 23 wins, the fifth-longest streak ever on ‘Jeopardy!’.

‘Jeopardy! Maters’ champ Mattea Roach chic look

In the latest Instagram video, Mattea wore a stylish pink neck bandana, blazer, and graphic tee. Mattea, a popular contestant on ‘Jeopardy!’, enthusiastically buzzed about 1999 film ‘But I'm A Cheerleader’ and how it impacted their identity. Sharing their thoughts, Mattea said, “When you're 15 and you watch this movie, you're like, 'wow, hot’”. They further explained, “I think it was the first lesbian movie I had ever seen. And it totally blew my mind”. As a non-binary individual who prefers the pronouns, they/them, the 23-time champion delved into why the movie remains relevant today. “I'm not a film expert by any stretch of the imagination right, but when I think of other queer films of the '90s it's a lot more serious [than this]. Both in terms of subject matter but the way things are shot- the set and costume are candy for the eyes,” Mattea expressed.

Mattea Roach’s unforgettable ‘almost winning’ on ‘Jeopardy! Masters’

In an intense finale, James Holzhauer emerged as the winner of the ‘Jeopardy! Masters’ tournament, securing the coveted crown and a prize of $500,000 by the slimmest of margins. Mattea, who had been leading throughout the competition, narrowly lost to James by a combined margin of 2100 points, largely due to James' strategic Final Jeopardy wager. The 32-time champion and professional gambler faced fierce competition and was pushed to his limits. Meanwhile, Mattea had the added emotional challenge of dealing with the recent loss of their father, which occurred while they were filming in their family home.

Despite the disappointment of not clinching the top spot, Mattea earned $250,000 for their second-place finish, while Matt Amodio secured $150,000 for placing third. During the announcement, host Ken Jennings revealed that all three finalists would be guaranteed spots in next year's Masters tournament. In a heartfelt moment, James whispered comforting words to Mattea, saying, "Your dad would be so proud of you”, and proceeded to hug them after being declared the champion.