Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Javon Walton becomes Jake Paul’s boxing promotional company's youngest signee: ‘MVP feels like family’

2023-07-25 15:47
Javon Walton is most known for his role as Ashtray on the HBO Emmy-winning series 'Euphoria', which won him a number of awards
Javon Walton becomes Jake Paul’s boxing promotional company's youngest signee: ‘MVP feels like family’

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Javon "Wanna" Walton has signed with Most Valuable Promotions (MVP), the boxing promotional business co-founded by Jake Paul, according to sources who spoke to ESPN on Monday, July 24, 2023.

Walton has previously had a successful amateur boxing career, winning more than 80 fights, many junior amateur tournament wins, and five Georgia state championships. Walton is most known for his portrayal of Ashtray on HBO's Emmy-winning series 'Euphoria', which won him a number of awards. At 125 pounds, he has competed.

‘MVP feels like family’

Walton is MVP's youngest signing at the age of 17. Additionally, he made significant appearances in streaming successes like 'The Umbrella Academy' and 'Samaritan'. On Instagram alone, he has more than 5 million followers, and he has more than 13 million followers overall on social media.

Walton will make his professional boxing debut in 2024, and MVP will provide him with guidance while he completes his amateur career. According to authorities, Nakisa Bidarian, a former UFC chief financial officer, and Paul, who created and ran MVP, will help Walton with marketing, brand development, and content creation.

"I've been training so hard and working for the majority of my life for this moment. MVP feels like family, and that's very important to me. I know they can help me reach my goals in professional boxing and do it in a way that feels special to me," Walton said in a statement.

‘We're honored to be MVP's youngest signee’

On August 2 in Dallas at the open workouts for the Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz fight, MVP will personally present Walton. As a fighter signed to MVP, he joins Paul, legendary women's boxer Amanda Serrano, top prospect Ashton Sylve, and knockout artist Shadasia Green. Walton will take part in upcoming MVP competitions, including its Most Valuable Prospects series. He will carry on working out with DJ, his father and trainer.

"We see this as an incredible opportunity to make a big impact on 'Wanna''s entrance into professional boxing. The way Nakisa and Jake have been able to disrupt the boxing promotion business in such a considerably short period of time is inspiring. We're honored to be MVP's youngest signee," DJ said.

Walton is establishing himself as an athlete in addition to his rising star in Hollywood and on social media. The native of Atlanta was the youngest individual to sign a contract with Nike's illustrious Jordan Brand in November 2022. Walton is an accomplished gymnast recognized by USA Gymnastics and a former two-time national silver medallist in boxing at Junior Olympics.

Tags news