Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Sam Champion leaving ‘Good Morning America’? Morning show meteorologist reveals future plan in live video: 'We're gone'

2023-07-18 11:47
'Good Morning America' meteorologist Sam Champion and his co-anchor Heather O'Rourke are expected to skip their hosting duties next week
Is Sam Champion leaving ‘Good Morning America’? Morning show meteorologist reveals future plan in live video: 'We're gone'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Good Morning America’ star Sam Champion has made a decision. It’s a decision that is bound to keep him away from the ABC studios for a while and the 61-year-old anchor broke the news to his followers via an Instagram live video. But why is Sam going away from his duties as a host? Is he quitting the show?

The renowned meteorologist recently disclosed in a video that he’s rather not quitting but taking a vacation for multiple days in the following week. Sam also divulged that his co-anchor Heather O’Rourke will also be taking a leave of absence from the studio for the same reason. Sam shared a clip where he revealed the news to his fans and followers on Instagram.

Is Sam Champion leaving ‘Good Morning America’?

Sam is popular for sharing videos on his Instagram where he talks about the details of his life or any other events that currently bother him. In the recent live video, he was joined by his co-anchor Heather, who he frequently makes these types of videos with. The pair typically go live to answer fan questions and give updates on what they're up to. Only this time, they gave everyone a glimpse of their next moves.

"So we were just discussing we're both gonna be on vacation," Heather said as the Live began. "Yeah, so, I leave Wednesday night," Sam said. "You're not here Thursday either, right?" he asked Heather. Heather then confirmed she would be gone multiple days. "So next week, you guys, we're gone," Sam confirmed.

"I hope you get a chance to get away too at some point soon," he told viewers. Sam added that fans were now going to "miss him" as he will be away from the studio.

Sam was ‘angry and sad’ recently

The ‘GMA’ star recently shared a post about the damage to his personal property. The 61-year-old meteorologist has an impressive rooftop garden where he takes care of his plants. Although, they were recently destroyed due to an inspection of Sam’s building and all his efforts to preserve and care for them were wasted. Sam, who was frustrated with his uncalled and unprepared move, later slammed the New York City government for their abrupt inspections.

He shared a post with the caption, “Sad day in the rooftop garden NYC inspection on our building means I had to tear out the garden. Everything is in pots, but no guarantee the beautiful bushes will survive being disturbed. I’m sad and angry at the same time. The @nycgov just rolls in and starts making demands… just as everything is in bloom.”