Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Keith Richards: The Rolling Stones are bound to have a hologram show

2023-10-24 19:27
Keith Richards "wouldn't rule out" a Rolling Stones hologram show.
Keith Richards: The Rolling Stones are bound to have a hologram show

Keith Richards admits The Rolling Stones are "bound to" have their own hologram show - whether he likes it or not.

The legendary guitarist, 79, admits he is undecided on whether he would still want to be alive if and when they have their own ABBA Voyage-style show with digital avatars replacing him, Sir Mick Jagger, 80, and Ronnie Wood, 76.

Speaking to Matt Wilkinson on Apple Music 1, he said: "Well, I certainly wouldn't rule it out. I'm pretty sure that it is bound to happen. Do I want it? Now, that's another thing. But I don't know if I want to hang around that long enough, man. But at the same time, it won't be up to me, will it?"

Keith's comments come after Mick spoke about the possibility of the 'Angry' hitmakers living on with a "posthumous tour" with the band recreated on stage.

Although he didn't state whether his band would have a hologram show, it’s not the first time he’s mentioned it.

He told The Wall Street Journal: “You can have a posthumous business now, can’t you? You can have a posthumous tour. The technology has really moved on since the ABBA thing, which I was supposed to go to, but I missed it.”

The 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' singer previously discussed how avatar shows offer endless opportunities for veteran acts.

Although he hasn't considered whether the 'Start Me Up' rockers - who have been touring for more than 60 years - could have their own digital hologram concert in the future, he is intrigued by the "technology breakthrough".

Speaking to Matt Wilkinson previously, the music legend said: “That would be stupid to me to give you a one-line answer, because I haven’t really honestly thought about it.

“The ABBA thing gives you this kind of technology breakthrough, which, I haven’t actually seen it yet.

“I was supposed to go and see it, but there was a train strike. So I didn’t get to go. I wasn’t going on the train, but … the traffic was horrible, so I can’t really answer that.

“Obviously technology is going to give you some of the answers to this, and who knows what technology lies in store down the road?

“We’re already in an AI world of doing this stuff, and you can do a lot of musical stuff with not very complicated computerisation, as well.”

In May last year, the Swedish icons launched their spectacular 'ABBA Voyage' concert featuring their 'Abba-tars' (holograms) at a purpose-built arena in Stratford, east London.

The 90-minute show features pre-recorded classics mixed with the band’s new numbers such as ‘Don’t Shut Me Down’.