Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Ryan Preece hospitalized? NASCAR driver injured in multi-flip crash, footage of accident leaves fans concerned

2023-08-28 18:17
Ryan Preece made a post on social media later that night, updating fans on his health and expressing his love for the sport
Is Ryan Preece hospitalized? NASCAR driver injured in multi-flip crash, footage of accident leaves fans concerned

DAYTONA BEACH, FLORIDA: Ryan Preece is reportedly doing fine after being admitted to the hospital following a horrific crash.

The NASCAR driver had a critical accident on Saturday, August 26, when his car toppled through the air numerous times in the NASCAR Cup Series race’s final laps at the Daytona International Speedway in Florida.

His vehicle was said to have been struck by Erik Jones' car per NBC Sports.

However, he managed to come out of No. 41 Ford. Soon after the accident, he was taken to the track’s infield care center.

Peerce was later transferred to the Halifax Health Medical Center, where he stayed for the rest of the day.

What did Ryan Preece say?

The 32-year-old motorsports racing driver shared a tweet after being hospitalized. He said, “If you want to be a race car driver, you better be tough. Dammit. Fast @racechoice @FordPerformance Mustang. I’m coming back.”

Also, on Sunday after Preece was released and was allowed to go home in North Carolina, the Stewart-Haas Racing team tweeted, “Earlier this morning, Ryan Preece was discharged from Halifax Health Medical Center. He is on his way home to North Carolina.”

A previous tweet stated, “Ryan Preece has remained overnight at Halifax Health Medical Center for continued observation.”

It further added, “He is awake, alert, and mobile. He has been communicating with family and friends. He will be evaluated by medical personnel later this morning.”

Besides, during the NBC broadcast, NASCAR on NBC analyst Jeff Burton said, “This is just violent,” adding, “Look at this car. That is just amazing that something that weighs over 3,500 pounds can get in the air like that.”

Fans express concern for Ryan Preece

Several fans were worried and happy at the same time upon seeing Preece's tweet. One commented in response, “We'll be excited when that happens. We can't express enough how happy we are to hear how well you're doing.”

The person further added, “Continue to heal and we'll see you back on the track soon enough! Know your fans love you and are wishing you a speedy recovery.”

Another fan said in response to a video of the accident, “Absolutely horrific crash. I'm praying that he'll be okay.”

“My heart instantly dropped. Hoping @RyanPreece_ is okay,” the third one tweeted in response to another video of the crash. The fourth one added in the comments of the same video, “That was violent. Prayers for @RyanPreece_.”

A user posted, "OMG That was really scary I'm glad he's okay and was able to get out of his car safe. Thank you Jesus for guiding him through this horrible tragic God is Good."

Tags news