Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Former ‘GMA’ host Sam Champion opens up about chronic health issue that prevails in his family

2023-09-22 11:26
Sam Champion took to social media to share his experience with a chronic health issue after discussing it on 'Eyewitness News Mornings at 10'
Former ‘GMA’ host Sam Champion opens up about chronic health issue that prevails in his family

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: The former chief meteorologist at ‘Good Morning America’ recently opened up about his battle with high blood pressure in an Instagram live session with his fans.

The 62-year-old spoke about his well-being during the live session and informed fans that high blood pressure runs in his family.

He revealed that he attempts to keep his high blood pressure in check with regular medication along with focusing on a healthy diet and exercise, which limits the medication he needs at times.

Champion spoke candidly about his health battles and told his fans to keep their diet regularized and to find time for exercising.

Former ‘GMA’ host Sam Champion opens up about battle with high blood pressure

Champion walked around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir in New York City on a sunny afternoon while hosting a live session on Instagram.

He walked bare-chested, wearing a thin gold necklace as he kept up a fast pace while opening up a conversation on the topic of health, bringing up how he and his family suffer from high blood pressure.

He said, “So here's the reason for the quick chat... Rubem and I usually do about a three- to five-mile walk in the park right around lunchtime.”

“And today on Eyewitness News at 10 am, one of the things we talked about was high blood pressure. And I told you that it's been a problem for me and my family, and Shirleen [Allicot] talked about her family." He referred to a discussion he had on his ABC morning show on Tuesday, September 19.

Champion further explained, “And diet and exercise – depending on the reason that you have high blood pressure, which can be many – may not be a complete answer for you.”

The TV personality also shared, “I'll probably always have to take some kind of medication.”

“One of the things they wanted me to do was a statin and I wasn't really good with that after reading up on it, and I felt like my numbers were on the threshold for that so I didn't really want to take it.”

After explaining he was taking a different medication, Sam said, “But if I'm in control of my diet and exercise, then that medication can be a little bit lower than it would be. That's my situation.”

Champion stressed the fact that by checking his diet and exercising regularly, he could limit his medication.

Former ‘GMA’ meteorologist Sam Champion refuses to age

Champion is always regarded as one of the most handsome men out there by his fans. This was reaffirmed on his birthday in August 2023, when Champion’s husband shared a birthday clip of the meteorologist.

In the clip, Champion sat at an outside dining table and blew out a candle on a chocolate cake.

He credited his husband, Rubem Robierb, in the caption for the celebrations, writing: “When I say, my husband knows how to plan a special birthday…He is the freeking best at it #bestbirthday.”

Fans were in awe of how good Champion looked and most called him “ageless.”

Tags news