Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘Trying to get rid of me?’: Today’s Savannah Guthrie snaps at co-host Craig Melvin as they discuss ‘Wheel of Fortune’

2023-06-14 12:56
Today's Savannah Guthrie and Craig Melvin discussed Pat Sajak's retirement from 'Wheel of Fortune' and shared their willingness to host the game show
‘Trying to get rid of me?’: Today’s Savannah Guthrie snaps at co-host Craig Melvin as they discuss ‘Wheel of Fortune’

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Tuesday morning did not go as expected for 'Today' host Craig Melvin. His co-host Savannah Guthrie had the perfect comeback for his mocking remark. Savannah did not flinch or pause, immediately clapping back at her co-host Craig for suggesting a change.

Savannah and Craig, along with their co-host Hoda Kotb, were discussing Pat Sajak's decision of retiring from 'Wheel of Fortune' at the age of 76. Pat had been a part of the game show for a long time and even involved his family on certain occasions. While Craig talked about the involvement of Pat's 28-year-old daughter Maggie Sajak on the show, he did not expect the discussion to take such a hilarious turn.

'You trying to get rid of me?'

While the 'Today' hosts kept discussing Pat's possible replacement for the show with suggestions spanning from Vanna White to 'Jeopardy!'s host Mayim Bialik, Craig made an unabashed suggestion hinted towards Savannah. Craig poked fun at the availability of Savannah and was quick to say, "Savannah Guthrie's available!" It immediately caused Savannah to clap back at him and ask, "You trying to get rid of me?" This caused all the hosts to share a laugh and acknowledge that it would be fun to host such an iconic game show.

'Today' hosts wouldn't miss the opportunity for the world

Even though all the hosts shared a laugh over Savannah's sassy clapback, she was quick to say, "It is a fun thing to do." She also asked her co-hosts whether they would take up an opportunity to be the host of 'Wheel of Fortune', and they all immediately agreed. Savannah even suggested she and Hoda could do it together and shared a high five. At the same time, the 'Today' hosts kept discussing the possibility of keeping the hosting job of the game show within the family. That didn't stop Savannah and Hoda from endorsing themselves for the job as both collectively said, "Call us!"

Since the show's debut in 1981, it acquired massive success among the audiences and Pat's name has always been associated with it. The Sun reported that 'The View' host Whoopi Goldberg has expressed interest in assuming the role of a game show host.