Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ryan Murphy trolled as Angelica Ross accuses him of ghosting her after promising all-Black 'AHS' season

2023-09-20 17:58
Angelica Ross found some support on X after accusing showrunner Ryan Murphy of ghosting her after initial talks on a fresh season of 'AHS'
Ryan Murphy trolled as Angelica Ross accuses him of ghosting her after promising all-Black 'AHS' season

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Ryan Murphy, the creator and director of 'American Horror Stories', has come under fire from netizens after actress Angelica Ross accused him of ghosting her after offering an 'AHS' season with an all-black cast.

Ross, who is known for her roles in 'AHS', stated that Murphy stopped all communication after initially agreeing to her idea. She further revealed that this led to her missing an opportunity to work with Marvel.

Season 12 of 'AHS', titled 'American Horror Story: Delicate', was announced by FX Networks on September 18, 2023. The reaction to the news was divided. While many fans were excited about Kim Kardashian being in the series in her debut role, others were outraged by the separate revelations about the series.

The revelation from Ross came in the form of a series of tweets, one day after the announcement of the new season. They included email exchanges between her and Murphy.

Did Ryan Murphy ghost Angelica Ross?

On July 3, 2020, Murphy wrote, "Remember your idea about a HORROR season starring black women? Well I'm doing it. Not sure of the story yet, but we will start a writers room in the fall. Along with you, who are the four women I should get? I think you, Keke Palmer, Gabby... not sure of the fourth?"

Ross proceeded to post her emails to the director inquiring about the execution of the idea. She said she put Marvel on hold until she heard from him.

Her efforts bore no fruit as the new season of 'AHS' went off in a different direction, and the wait cost her the opportunity of a lifetime.

The actress had previously appeared in various roles in 'AHS', including as Nurse Rita in season 9 and a chemist in season 10.

The new season is based on the thriller 'Delicate Condition' by Danielle Valentine, and will star Kim Kardashian and Emma Roberts.

On September 18, Ross said in a tweet, "It’s not JUST that the idea changed. Things change all the time. It’s that I called business affairs for MONTHS trying to get clarity if they were picking up my contract option or if I was ok to tell Marvel that I was available for whatever they were calling me for. I had been auditioning for THREE YEARS for marvel. It’s that I was HELD in first position the whole time."

Ryan Murphy faces the heat after Angelica Ross' tweets

Angelica Ross has found support from the fans of the show, who are now trolling showrunner Murphy for his actions.

"Angelica Ross has exposed Ryan Murphy’s scrapped plan for a Black women-lead season of “American Horror Story” starring Keke Palmer and Gabourey Sidibe," exclaimed one fan.

"Ryan Murphy always offers "ideas" but never concludes them. He has done this with both his fans and his actors. Some examples: mermaids in AHS, a new season of Scream Queens, the return of Glee, among other ideas. Now this? he has zero responsibility," added another.

A third X user chimed in, "OMG this would breathe so much fresh air into the genre. Jordan Peele has shown that black talent and horror goes so well together! I would watch the s**t out of this season! Instead, we get AHS - Vanilla ...yawn!"

Tags news epcelebs