Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Where is Jackson Michie now? ‘Big Brother’ Season 21 winner who was accused of domestic violence set to marry best friend

2023-08-03 06:16
Fans thought Jackson Michie told a fellow house guest that he had once been arrested for domestic abuse during a live broadcast of Season 21 in 2019
Where is Jackson Michie now? ‘Big Brother’ Season 21 winner who was accused of domestic violence set to marry best friend

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: With 'Big Brother' on the air for almost 23 years, numerous controversial houseguests have competed on the show. Despite the issues they were involved in, several of them went on to win their seasons.

Most of these players have remained out of the spotlight since then. Even though 'BB' is one of the most popular reality series, there appears to be at least one problematic player or an overall controversy almost every season. Last summer, practically the whole season was deemed contentious. With almost four years having passed since 'BB' Season 21 ended, now is as good a time as any to check in on houseguest Jackson Michie, who was the winner of that season.

Domestic abuse allegations

Given that Big Brother is always observing the houseguests (particularly with the help of the live feeds), it can occasionally be easy to overhear private information about their lives. Fans thought Jackson told Kathryn Dunn, a fellow house guest, and ex-showgirl, that he had once been arrested for domestic abuse during the live broadcasts of the season in 2019, as reported by Newsweek.

After this live broadcast glitch, in which Kat and Jackson supposedly fought because she was talking about it, curious viewers started looking into Jackson's history. Additionally, they discovered data from February 2018 that could have been connected to Jackson because of a name, age, and place match. 'BB' vet Dick Donato (Evel Dick) even turned to Twitter to relay the news in a now-deleted tweet, but he mistook Holly Allen to be the person Jackson told. Fans swiftly corrected him on social media, letting him know that it was Kat.

If this arrest record is indeed linked to Jackson, it is unknown if he was ever convicted of domestic assault. Some people stood by Jackson in this situation, believing that he was never arrested for domestic violence.

While fans were unsure whether Jackson was jailed, they do know that he left his imprint on the house that season—and not in a good way. To begin with, he started Season 21 as the first HOH and had to remove four houseguests from the game. He had also been called out on the livestreams for his racist remarks. Finally, he had a showmance with Kat at first but then informed her he couldn't be affiliated with her. He then had another showmance with another houseguest, Holly Allen.

Jackson is engaged to Caitlin Goodrich

In September 2019, Jackson won 'BB' Season 21 and began dating the season's runner-up, Holly. They lived together in a California flat before splitting up in June 2020. In January 2021, he looked to move on with Netflix's 'Cheer' star Morgan Simianer, and they had a brief romance before he returned to Tennessee. It's not known when he started dating Caitlin Goodrich, but his first post with her is from November 2022.

He wished her a happy birthday to Ruth B's song 'Dandelions', with a montage of multiple clips of the pair in various locales, including the beach and a baseball game. Based on the large number of photos in various locations, the pair has been dating for several months. "Happy birthday to my person," the reality star captioned it. "I love you and am so thankful for you."

Jackson proposed to his fiancee four months after the post on a terrace in front of a wooden crucifix overlooking Tennessee's Great Smokey Mountains. He shared six photos from the March 2023 engagement, including two of her showing off her engagement ring. "God blessed me more than I deserve. I get to marry my best friend, and I couldn’t imagine doing life or serving The Kingdom with anyone else. I love you," Jackson said in the post. Caitlin's Instagram account is private, so not much is known about her.

'Big Brother' Season 25 premieres Wednesday, August 2, at 8 pm ET on CBS.