Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan discusses Gervonta Davis' 'weird' style of victory over Ryan Garcia: 'It’s terrifying'

2023-06-22 21:00
After Gervonta Davis' victory over Ryan Garcia on April 22, Joe Rogan reviewed Davis's aggressive style of fighting with Ali Siddiq on his podcast
Joe Rogan discusses Gervonta Davis' 'weird' style of victory over Ryan Garcia: 'It’s terrifying'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan discussed Gervonta “Tank” Davis' "weird" style of victory over Ryan Garcia, highlighting Davis' terrifying presence in the ring, in a recent episode of his 'The Joe Rogan Experience' podcast. The stand-up comedian Ali Siddiq was the guest on the said episode, and the duo discussed several things surrounding combat sports.

Siddiq and Rogan especially had a fascinating conversation about Davis' victory, who destroyed Garcia's unblemished record with a stunning seventh-round knockout. But it wasn't simply the victory that drew everyone, including Rogan's attention, but rather Davis's fighting style.

'It’s terrifying'

In the podcast, Siddiq began the conversation by saying, “I didn’t think Tank and Ryan was just gonna be the selected fight. I just thought Tank was just too much.” Rogan agreed with Siddiq, saying, “Yeah, I thought it was gonna be too much too." The UFC commentator then stated, "He just has too many tools, and his style is so weird. He is so conservative in the beginning. He’s not throwing hardly any punches. But the f**kin threat of danger always looms. It’s terrifying." "That’s the problem with him. He’s like you can be doing all that and he’s like," Siddiq added, to which Rogan interjected by exclaiming, "BANG!!"

'This s**t is like small Tyson'

The conversation continued with Siddiq adding, "They’re like, if I throw this jab, I better get it right. And people won’t even throw it all the way out there. Because they need to like can’t give, because he’s already under you, and that’s the problem that you see he’s under you. You’re like ‘Oh s**t, if I throw any goddamn thing, he gonna blow my s**t up'." Rogan said emphatically, “Straight from the floor, with crazy speed, BANGGG!!”

Siddiq compared Davis' style to one of the famous ex-professional boxers Mike Tyson, stating, “It’s like Tyson. Like people don’t realize, this s**t is like small Tyson. Like soon as you throw anything, like If I throw my jab out there, I need my knees bent, and I need my elbow to guard my goddamn liver, kidney all that s**t. All this s**t is bad news.” The in-depth discussion between Siddiq and Rogan sheds light on Davis' overwhelming domination in the ring and the fear he instills in his opponents.