Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Amir Khan ready to come out of retirement to 'beat up' Jake Paul: 'He gets on my nerves'

2023-09-20 14:27
Amir Khan said, 'He’s been very lucky though, he’s a little bit heavier than me but I don’t mind putting the pounds on just to beat him up'
Amir Khan ready to come out of retirement to 'beat up' Jake Paul: 'He gets on my nerves'

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Amir Khan, a former world champion, has stated that he would gladly gain weight and compete again in order to "beat up" Jake Paul. When Kell Brook knocked out the former unified super-lightweight champion in front of a full Manchester Arena last year, his career came to an end.

However, he has stated that he is content with his choice to quit fighting, but he would gladly return if the opportunity arose to take on controversial YouTube personality Paul.

Amir Khan wants to face Jake Paul

During an interview with Heart Breakfast with Jamie and Amanda, Khan said, “Jake Paul, he gets on my nerves a little bit. I think the way he conducts himself the way he acts and he’s just full of himself as well and he thinks he can fight, he’s only been boxing for like a year, so yeah, I’d love to fight him. He’s been very lucky though, he’s a little bit heavier than me but I don’t mind putting the pounds on just to beat him up.”

Khan has gained a little weight since his retirement fight, but he is still in fantastic form and far from being a gigantic size for his 5'5" frame.

He did, however, make light of the fact that his wife Faryal had advised him to return to the gym in order to lose weight during a recent appearance with The Chris Moyles Show on Radio X.

“You're always in training camp everyday you’re or you’re going for a run you're always burning calories," he explained. "Your body is so used to burning calories, we’re eating a lot a lot because you need the nutrients in the body. You're having four or five meals sometimes six small meals throughout the whole day.”

Aaron Chalmers calls out Jake Paul

Before he decides to quit combat sports, British reality TV personality Aaron Chalmers has challenged Jake Paul to a cross-over fight.

On September 23, Chalmers will return to competition when the professional boxer Idris Virgo challenges him in the main event of MF & DAZN: X Series 009 live on DAZN.

The 36-year-old is experienced with crossover combat. Chalmers first made the switch from reality television to MMA before making the switch to boxing, where he had the honor of meeting Floyd Mayweather Jr in an exhibition match earlier this year.

The clock is ticking on Chalmers' career in crossover boxing, but he was able to fight the boxing veteran for the entire eight rounds. Chalmers is hoping a victory against Virgo will place him in a position to face one of the top names in this specific sector.

“I’m 37 next year, so I’ve got 12 to 18 months left. So, if I can get some big fights and call it a day, then that would be it. I would absolutely f*****g love to fight Jake [Paul], that would be a dream,” Chalmers told talkSPORT.

Chalmers also explained why a cage fight with "The Problem Child" is not just a pipe dream after almost joining the Professional Fighters League (PFL) and that he would be prepared to take on Paul in either a boxing or MMA match.