Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Charli D’Amelio opens up about having dream of becoming Jennifer Lopez's background dancer: 'That was all I ever wanted'

2023-10-21 16:53
Charli D'Amelio gets candid about her personal life on 'The Tonight Show' hosted by Jimmy Fallon
Charli D’Amelio opens up about having dream of becoming Jennifer Lopez's background dancer: 'That was all I ever wanted'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: After failing to recognize Ben Affleck, TikTok sensation Charli D’Amelio later revealed her desire to become a background dancer for Jennifer Lopez during her appearance on 'The Tonight Show' hosted by Jimmy Fallon.

With over 150 million TikTok followers, Charli has solidified her position as a prominent Gen Z influencer.

Charli and Jimmy Fallon talk about the Vanity Fair lie-detector test

Charli made her second appearance on 'The Tonight Show.' In 2020, when she was 15 years old, she taught the host some of the hottest trends.

In the recent episode, they reminisced about how Charli couldn't recognize a picture of Ben Affleck during a Vanity Fair lie detector test.

The conversation began with Jimmy reminiscing about Charli's initial appearance on the show when she had 32 million TikTok followers. The audience erupted in applause as they acknowledged her impressive growth to 152 million followers.

Fallon inquired how it felt, and Charli responded, "I mean, to me, it's like, I can... Like, this is a lot of people, and I get so nervous. So, to think that I actually post for that many people is absolutely insane."

She added, "I can't really understand it, but I feel like it's better that way because I can be less nervous."

Following this, Fallon brought up the Vanity Fair lie detector test incident, which had already created quite a buzz on the internet.

He said, "Yeah, you love Dunkin' Donuts," and she confirmed, "Yes, I do." They then watched the entire clip and both burst into laughter. Fallon asked, "You don't know who Ben Affleck is?" To which she replied, "No, I do, and I've, like, fully had conversations with him before."

She added, "My sister clowned me for that so hard, I was so embarrassed."

Charli D’Amelio gushes praise over Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez announced her second engagement to Affleck in 2022, and Charli has expressed admiration for Affleck's partner.

When questioned about Lopez, Charli mentioned, "I've spoken to her; she can, like, peer into my mind and say exactly what I need to hear, even without knowing it."

TikTok star added, "Like, genuinely, my dream when I was younger was to become a background dancer for her. That was all that I ever wanted in life."

Tags news