Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans get 'Ghost and Tommy vibes' after Eminem dubs 50 Cent his 'best friend' in surprise concert appearance in Detroit

2023-09-20 21:45
Eminem surprised fans by performing at 50 Cent's concert in Detroit and called him his best friend
Fans get 'Ghost and Tommy vibes' after Eminem dubs 50 Cent his 'best friend' in surprise concert appearance in Detroit

DETROIT, MICHIGAN: Eminem joined 50 Cent as a surprise guest performer at two stops on the latter's Final Lap Tour. The duo performed in Detroit and Michigan to roaring crowds.

Uploading their moment in Michigan, 50 Cent typed, "Bro, when I do anything with EM, people just go crazy; they know he really my boy. I love him till death!” In another video, he showed off the Detroit crowd losing it at the sudden appearance of Eminem.

At both concerts, the duo rapped 'Crack a Bottle', which served as the lead single from 'Relapse', Eminem's 2009 comeback record.

Eminem's words about 50 Cent

Expressing his love for his hometown and hip-hop, Eminem proceeded to refer to 50 Cent as one of his best friends.

“Don’t f**king act like you ain’t know I was gonna be here,” said the rapper. “Detroit, make some noise for one of the best friends I’ve ever known: 50 Cent. And also, make some noise for Hip-Hop’s 50th birthday, y’all.”

The appearance of Slim Shady on the tour made sense as it was celebrating 20 years of 50 Cent's debut album 'Get Rich Or Die Tryin', where Eminem appeared in two tracks.

The duo connected over fan favorites 'Patiently Waiting' and 'Don't Push Me' featuring Lloyd Banks.

Fans get Ghost and Tommy vibes from rapper duo

The interaction between Eminem and 50 Cent reminded fans of the bond between Tommy and Ghost from the series 'Power Book II: Ghost'.

In the series, Tommy is the best friend and business partner of Ghost. They are like brothers since childhood, growing up in the same neighborhood where Tommy was bullied for being the only white child in the area.

In the original series, a man once addresses Tommy as Eminem, which made the question float whether the character was based on the rapper. However, Joseph Sikora, the actor who plays Tommy, said that his character is based on 50 Cent.

Fan tweets kept pouring in after their performance.

"I wish this kept going ngl... We need every Em x 50 song performed on stage as a concert haha," one said.

"All that energy from the crowd giving me the chills!!!" another claimed.

Someone else noted, "The bromance is real!"

"Brothers forever," a fan gushed.