Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Anderson Cooper, Erin Burnett and Jake Tapper reportedly form an 'alliance’ to take over CNN after Chris Licht exit

2023-07-03 14:22
Chris Licht's protege is absent from the recent leadership changes as the other three are reportedly not fond of her
Anderson Cooper, Erin Burnett and Jake Tapper reportedly form an 'alliance’ to take over CNN after Chris Licht exit

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The CNN network, which recently removed its relatively new leader Chris Licht, now has three prominent figures in charge: Anderson Cooper, Jake Tapper, and Erin Burnett. They have assumed the responsibility of leading the network during its challenging times.

"Anderson, Jake, and Erin have formed an alliance and are now running CNN," an insider told Radar Online. "With the search to find a new boss in the very early stages, they have all jumped in together to fill the power vacuum. The inmates have taken over the asylum!" Absent from the recent leadership changes is Kaitlan Collins, the rising star of the struggling network. "Kaitlan was Chris' protege. The others aren't big fans," revealed a source.

Also Read: Why did Andrew Tate tell Tristan Tate to 'delete' Twitter account? Fans slam 'king of masculinity,' say 'what a brother'

Controversy surrounds CNN's town hall

The overall morale within CNN has reached an unprecedented low point after Collins's town hall with Donald Trump. Many staff members viewed the event as a blatant attempt to boost ratings, which they found distasteful. However, Collins defended her participation in the town hall, stating that she thoroughly prepared herself before engaging in a discussion with the former president.

Also Read: 'Today' host Al Roker announces daughter Courtney's due date and it's super soon

Chris Licht was fired because of poor ratings

Also Read: Why was Paige Spiranac 'not invited' to American Century Championship? Former golfer 'was bummed to miss it'

Licht's departure from the news network came as a result of declining ratings and a highly critical article in The Atlantic, which was deemed the last straw leading to his exit. The extensive 15,000-word article shed light on Licht's perceived arrogance towards CNN and its coverage of Trump's presidency and the pandemic. It portrayed him as someone who considered himself untouchable within the network.

"This was an exciting but incredibly challenging assignment and I learned a lot over the past 13 months," Licht said about his exit. "I've been lucky enough to have had a successful, fulfilling career and I look forward to my next chapter. I wish the team at CNN the very best, always."

Licht assumed the role of CEO last year following Jeff Zucker's removal from the position, which was prompted by the revelation of Zucker's undisclosed affair with former CNN executive Allison Gollust. Inside sources have speculated that CNN could potentially be available for acquisition. There are rumors suggesting that Zucker might seek the "ultimate revenge" by purchasing the network, a move that could possibly entice previously dismissed anchors like Don Lemon, 57, and Chris Cuomo, 52, to consider returning to CNN. These sources indicate that Lemon and Cuomo are also interested in having a stake in CNN's success.

More from MEAWW

Adele's obsession and indecisiveness over renovating $58M mansion causing friction with fiance Rich Paul

'The Sopranos' star Michael Imperioli lashes out after SCOTUS’s anti-LGBTQ+ ruling, warns ‘bigots and homophobes’ to stay away