Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Kenya Moore and Cynthia Bailey fall out? 'RHOA' alum recalls tragic times leading to reconciliation with co-star on her return to Atlanta

2023-08-07 07:27
Following their reconciliation, Cynthia and Kenya are reflecting on their previous disagreement and what ultimately brought them back together
Why did Kenya Moore and Cynthia Bailey fall out? 'RHOA' alum recalls tragic times leading to reconciliation with co-star on her return to Atlanta

ATLANTA, GEORGIA: It feels great to be together! Kenya Moore and Cynthia Bailey have re-established their relationship, and they are reminiscing about their disagreement and what brought them back together.

Cynthia's bond with 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' alum Kenya showed no signs of repairing itself after her spat with Kenya. After being close on the program when Kenya entered Season 5, their friendship got strained while they were filming a separate Bravo reality series. Cynthia and Kenya became friends after Kenya joined the set of 'RHOA' in Season 5, but Kenya repeatedly hurt Cynthia's sentiments on the show and also after filming got over. Cynthia recently updated viewers on her return to the program with good news regarding her relationship with Kenya.

Why did Kenya Moore and Cynthia Bailey fight?

Cynthia signed on to shoot 'Ultimate Girls Trip,' a housewives mashup of all-stars from major series, before leaving 'RHOA' at the end of Season 13. Cynthia appeared on the show alongside Kenya, who has been Cynthia's best friend for years. However, Kenya's journey did not proceed as planned. They were tense virtually from the start of their eight-day journey to Turks and Caicos. Cynthia was unhappy and envious of Kenya's deep relationships with the other housewives, while Kenya appeared dismissive of Cynthia's sentiments. Cynthia, overcome with emotion at the end of the journey, stated that her bond with Kenya was permanently altered. She stated that after the show, the two were courteous but not as close as they previously were. Cynthia also spent less time in Atlanta as she began to pursue her acting profession full-time in Los Angeles.

'Reconnected after we saw each other at Teresa Giudice's wedding'

In this sneak peek from an upcoming episode of 'RHOA,' the ladies reunite and spill the beans on what happened in 2021 that put a schism between them. Cynthia says, "Kenya and I fell out after the 'Ultimate Girls Trip,'" noting that it took "several months" for them to ever converse again. "We reconnected after we saw each other at Teresa Giudice's wedding," Kenya explains in a solo interview.

Cynthia claims that it was Kenya's real concern for her mother Barbara's health that convinced her to move on from their bad blood. "She asked about my mother, who at the time had just been diagnosed with breast cancer," Cynthia recounted. "And it just actually felt good to see her." Being out of touch with Cynthia meant not being there to assist her while she was dealing with her mother's illness or her public divorce, something she does not plan to repeat. "I didn't know she was having a hard time in her marriage," Kenya said. "But I'm just so happy to have my sister back. And now that I know what she's been going through, I'm never ever not going to be there for her."

The Real Housewives of Atlanta's Season 15 airs on Bravo on Sundays at 8 pm ET. Fans may also watch the show the following day on Peacock.