Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I'm the weird one': 'Jeopardy!' host Mayim Bialik confesses about 'horrible' comments she received as a teen

2023-06-18 10:18
Mayim Bialik who starred in sitcom ‘Blossom’ from 1991 to 1995 opened up about her past struggles as a teen which are still stuck with her to this day
'I'm the weird one': 'Jeopardy!' host Mayim Bialik confesses about 'horrible' comments she received as a teen

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Jeopardy!’ host Mayim Bialik, popularly known for hosting a renowned game show recently shared a heartbreaking confession about her past. The four-time Primetime Emmy Award nominator previously appeared in hit sitcoms ‘Blossom’ and ‘The Big Bang Theory’ and gained traction in her acting career. Although she’s best known for her appearance on ‘Jeopardy!’, Bialik garnered widespread recognition as a child in the 1980s for her role in critically acclaimed sitcoms.

Mayim Bialik who starred in the sitcom ‘Blossom’ from 1991 to 1995 had opened up about her past struggles as a teen which are still stuck with her to this day. Bialik began her acting career as a child and appeared in the TV sitcom ‘Blossom’ playing the role of Blossom Russo. She took a break from her acting to pursue higher education and attended UCLA where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Neuroscience, Hebrew, and Jewish studies. Later, she did a PhD in Neuroscience, and in 2010, Bialik made a return to television and gained significant acclaim for her portrayal of Dr Amy Farrah Fowler in the beloved comedy sitcom ‘The Big Bang Theory’. During her recent podcast, the host shared the rude trolls about her appearance and the ‘horrible’ comments she received as a teen.

Mayim Bialik’s confession about ‘horrible’ comments

During a recent episode of the 'Mayim's Breakdown' Podcast, the host openly discussed her upbringing in the public spotlight. While talking to her guest and former ‘Blossom’ co-star, Jenna von Oy, Bialik revealed she’s “usually cast” as the “strange-looking friend." She went on to talk about her past struggles claiming, “I’m like the quirky friend. I’m the weird one." She shared that her “weirdness” made it interesting for ‘Blossom’ as she was the quirky lead and had to bring a “special kind of precocious” character as her onscreen best friend.

While she reflected on her career era, the ‘Jeopardy!’ host shared, “People made horrible comments about my appearance, which never left me, since I’ve been 14 years old."

Bialik also divulged on the topic that besides the hideous comments, she didn’t make enough money on the sitcom as the stars do now. She explained, “We did not make the kind of money that set us up for the entire universe. I did have to work again. I tutored, I did all the things people have to do to make ends meet. I budgeted. I had to have a whole life. When I went to college, I was not an independently-wealthy, I-never-have-to-work-again person."

A sneak-peek into Mayim Bialik’s personal life

Bialik, 47, shared a sneak peek into her personal life earlier this week. She took her to Instagram to share a rare photo of her teenage son, Miles, at home. The star of ‘The Big Bang Theory’ shared a snap of her 17-year-old son relaxing on the couch with the family's cat. The teenager wore a navy hoodie, khaki trousers, and glasses, while casually laid back on cushions, scrolling on his phone. He affectionately petted the white and gray cat, who curled up beside him. Bialik posted the heartwarming picture and drew attention to the cat's paws, captioning it, "I mean, those toes..." Bialik has two sons, Miles and Frederick, aged 17 and 14 respectively, with her ex-husband, Michael Stone.