Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Hilary Duff reveals daughter's 'Happy Birthday d***head' card to Seth Meyers, promotes new book on 'Late Night'

2023-11-10 19:54
'Lizzie McGuire' luminary marked her 36th birthday with an unconventional card from daughter Banks
Hilary Duff reveals daughter's 'Happy Birthday d***head' card to Seth Meyers, promotes new book on 'Late Night'

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK CITY: Hilary Duff marked her 36th birthday in late September with a special surprise from her five-year-old daughter, Banks, who presented her with a memorable birthday card.

The actress discussed this heartwarming moment during her appearance on 'Late Night with Seth Meyers' on November 9, promoting her newly published book, 'My Sweet Little Boy'.

How many children does Hilary Duff have?

Hilary, who is now an author, is a mother to five-year-old Banks and two-year-old Mae with her husband Matthew Koma. She also shares 11-year-old son Luca with her ex-husband, Mike Comrie.

Hilary Duff shared a delightful birthday surprise she received from her five-year-old daughter, Banks, who, despite being unable to read, picked out a card that her husband Matthew Koma deemed the "best birthday card."

The card featured a photo of a cake with the words 'Happy Birthday D***head' in the frosting, sparking laughter from the audience. Hilary expressed relief that it lacked confetti, jokingly calling it her worst nightmare.

Expecting a singing card, she was pleasantly surprised and shared her joy. Hilary discussed the humorous incident, adding a touch of lighthearted parenting to the conversation.

Hilary admits to keeping her children 'grounded by doing horrible things'

Seth humorously suggested having Banks write 'Happy birthday d***head' on the inside of the card to emphasize the sentiment.

During the show, Hilary discussed her second book, 'My Little Sweet Boy' following 'My Brave Little Girl', jokingly implying she wrote it to appease her son after his initial discontent.

She playfully recounted her son's reaction, saying, "I'm gonna run away from home if you don't figure this out."

Hilary admitted he wasn't thrilled since he's 11 and Banks is 4. The amusing mix-up prompted laughter, with Hilary adding, "I know, I know. I like to keep them really grounded by doing horrible things."

She shared that they recently took their family holiday card photos, expressing surprise at becoming a holiday card enthusiast.

Hilary Duff's 'Late Night' show appearance thrills fans

The particular late-night episode has sparked laughter and comments on the show's YouTube channel.

One fan wrote, "The way I’ve grown up with this woman. It’s so crazy. I’m so happy she’s happy, healthy, working, thriving. Love her so much."

Another said, "Well, she turned out to be just as pretty as everyone figured she would be. AND she didn't get caught up in the Disney curse. Good for her."

The compliments kept coming for Hilary, as another fan wrote, "Love a celeb mom who loves her kids and acknowledges having a nanny because they can have a family and a career and a partner with a career."

Other comments read, "She is so cute and so funny. I am so glad she's doing another sitcom I just adore her!"

"I’ll always be a super fan of her. 22 years and counting," said an excited fan.

Tags news