Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Nicolas Malvagna: NJ concertgoer arrested for throwing phone at Bebe Rexha thought ‘it would be funny’

2023-06-20 14:58
Bebe Rexha was hit in the face with a phone at a Sunday, June 18 concert in New York which left her with significant injury
Nicolas Malvagna: NJ concertgoer arrested for throwing phone at Bebe Rexha thought ‘it would be funny’

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: A 27-year-old concertgoer has been arrested in connection to a cellphone attack on Bebe Rexha at The Rooftop at Pier 17 in New York City on Sunday, June 18. Nicolas Malvagna from New Jersey, reportedly threw the device from the audience and subsequently injured the 33-year-old 'I’m Good (Blue)' singer in the face. Rexha collapsed to the floor and later received stitches above her left eye after she was taken to the hospital.

Now, a copy of the assailant's arraignment has been received by news outlets, which contains details about the alleged attack. As per the complaint, Malvagna told an NYPD officer at the scene, "I was trying to see if I could hit her with the phone at the end of the show because it would be funny," as per The Independent.

What are the charges that Malvagna is facing?

Malvagna faces two charges of assault, one charge of aggravated harassment, one charge of attempted assault, and one charge of harassment. He is due to appear in court on July 31. The New Jersey native works at a luxury dog kennel, named K9 Resorts in East Brunswick, Daily Mail reported.

The owner of the kennel issues a statement

"I understand one of our employees was attending the Bebe Rexha concert on his personal time", Judy Gorski, the owner of the kennel told the outlet. “I was shocked to learn of his arrest. My staff and I do not condone violence in any form, regardless of intent, and this action does not align with our values as a company.”

What happened to Rexha at the concert?

In a video that has now gone viral, the songwriter of Eminem's single 'The Monster' can be seen coming close in on the front of the stage when a phone flew in through the air and smacked her in the face. "This is Bebe Rexha being rushed out of the concert venue here in NYC after someone threw a f***ing phone and hit her face as she was leaving the stage", another concertgoer wrote after sharing a video of the singer being attended to by medics.

Rexha was nominated for Best New Artist at the Grammy Awards in 2018. Earlier this year, her most recent album, Bebe was released.

Rexha's upcoming living performances

Rexha is scheduled to perform four more dates on her ongoing tour. It includes her live performance at The Fillmore in Philadelphia, at The Fillmore Silver Spring in Silver Spring, Maryland, at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, and at the Hard Rock Live Orlando in Orlando, Florida.