Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Nicole Kidman hopes her adopted children with Tom Cruise are present for her AFI Life Achievement Award

2023-06-05 20:53
Nicole Kidman shares two daughters with Keith Urban in addition to her adopted children
Nicole Kidman hopes her adopted children with Tom Cruise are present for her AFI Life Achievement Award

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Nicole Kidman is reportedly expecting all her children, including Connor, 28, and Bella, 30, whom she adopted with ex-husband Tom Cruise, to attend the upcoming The American Film Institute (AFI) ceremony on June 10 where she is set to receive the Life Achievement Award. Dubbed by the institute as “America's highest honor for a career in film”, Kidman will be the first Australian actor to receive the award.

“Nicole knows Connor is extremely loyal to his dad so she doesn’t expect him to come, but the invitation is there for both of them,” a source allegedly told New Idea. “It's an event they have every right to celebrate along with the rest of Nicole's family,” they continued. “Nicole is trying to limit her expectations, but is clinging to hope Bella might make it,” the insider added.

A look into Nicole Kidman’s relationship with her adopted children

Kidman was married to Cruise from 1990 to 2001 and only shares two adopted children, son Connor and daughter Isabella, with the actor. Kidman’s relationship with her adopted children has long been a subject of speculation. However, the actress has mostly been very private about the situation. Cruise and Kidman adopted Bella in 1992 and Connor in 1995. However, the siblings have not been seen with their mother often since her separation from the ‘Top Gun’ actor.

Several reports claimed that Connor and Isabella’s commitment to Scientology, similar to their father who is one of the prominent Scientologists, has strained their relationship with Kidman. The ‘Moulin Rouge’ star previously broke her silence about her relationship with Connor and Isabella during an interview with WHO magazine. “They are adults. They are able to make their own decisions. They have made choices to be Scientologists and as a mother, it's my job to love them,” Kidman shared.

“And I am an example of that tolerance and that's what I believe - that no matter what your child does, the child has love and the child has to know there is available love and I'm open here,” she added. “I think that’s so important because if that is taken away from a child, to sever that in any child, in any relationship, in any family – I believe it’s wrong. So that’s our job as a parent, to always offer unconditional love,” the actress said.

“I’m very private about all that. I have to protect all those relationships. I know 150 per cent that I would give up my life for my children because it’s what my purpose is,” she mentioned. During another interview with Vogue, Kidman said she chose “not to speak publicly about Scientology” as she has “two children who are Scientologists — Connor, and Isabella — and I utterly respect their beliefs.”

Does Nicole Kidman have any other children?

In addition to her adopted children, Kidman also shares daughters Sunday Rose Kidman Urban, 14, and Faith Margaret Kidman Urban, 12, with husband Keith Urban. She has mentioned both her daughters during her acceptance speeches at prestigious award shows like the Golden Globes and Emmy Awards. Cruise also shares daughter Suri Cruise, 17, with his ex-wife Katie Holmes.