Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Bella Poarch: Why was the TikTok star 'bullied' and 'made fun of' for her looks?

2023-05-24 17:53
TikTok sensation and singer Bella Poarch has had her fair share of struggles
Bella Poarch: Why was the TikTok star 'bullied' and 'made fun of' for her looks?

TikTok star turned musician Bella Poarch is now a household name and has hits like 'Build a B***h' to her name. However, her massive success didn't come with much ease. Talking about her time in high school, Poarch has time and again mentioned her struggles with bullying, both at home and at school.

When the Filipino American star moved to the United States at 14, she was bullied by her schoolmates as her upper lip was darker than the lower one, which is a common occurrence amongst the Filipino demographic. Poarch, who was adopted at the tender age of three has till date not seen her biological parents.

READ MORE

Bella Poarch net worth: From an adopted child to TikTok’s self-made millionaire

Bella Poarch: Top 5 iconic outfits in 'Build a B*tch' singer's style file

Why Bella Poarch was 'bullied' in school?

In the H3 Podcast, Poarch highlighted her traumatic childhood. She spoke about how her two younger siblings "bullied" her at home which cascaded to bullying at her school owing to her appearance. Talking about how her dad and elder siblings forced her to wear old and distorted-out stuff at school when she was still in the Philippines, she said, “That’s also why I got bullied in school because I would go to school with like holes in my shoes."

This is not the first time Poarch opened up about bullying because of how she looked, and her bullying continued even when she moved to the States. In a makeup routine video with Vogue, she said, “I came to the United States when I was 14 and I got "bullied" a lot and had so many bad experiences in high school just because of what I look like.”

“I feel like it’s happening a lot and it needs to be talked about more because it’s not okay to bully people because of where they came from or what they look like,” she added.

How Bella Poarch rose to fame?

Defying all odds, both at her home and at her school, Bella turned her TikTok fame and made it into a majestic music career. With hits like 'Dolls', 'Living Hell', and 'Build a B***h' to her name, Poarch has carved a niche for herself in the entertainment industry.

In 2020, Poarch responded to a TikTok challenge with a video of herself mouthing the words 'Sophie Aspin Send' by Millie B. The video got viral with over half a billion views and 60 million likes. Following her TikTok fame, Poarch launched a YouTube channel and Twitter page in the months after she joined TikTok.

Tags news epcelebs