Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'He had a weapon of choice': Uma Thurman says Quentin Tarantino used giant dildo to punish sleeping crew, calls it 'elephant inseminator'

2023-05-20 10:55
Uma Thurman said, 'I was quite troubled by it. I found it quite unkind. There would be photographs taken, and there was a wall of shame'
'He had a weapon of choice': Uma Thurman says Quentin Tarantino used giant dildo to punish sleeping crew, calls it 'elephant inseminator'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Uma Thurman, who has collaborated with the director Quentin Tarantino on several occasions, once revealed the ‘Pulp Fiction’ director had a unique method of punishing the crew members who were prone to dozing off during shoots. Thurman, who featured in Tarantino’s ‘Kill Bill’ series along with ‘Pulp Fiction’, called the “large dildo” an “elephant inseminator”, referring to its girth.

Looks like the Academy Award winning director, who is known for his penchant towards details, has also given a special focus on the methods he could use on his crew members to keep them in his control, or rather stop them from falling “asleep”. In a 2003 interview with Conan O'Brien in ‘Late Night with Conan O'Brien’, Thurman candidly spoke about the bizarre method of punishment and her take on it.

READ MORE

Quentin Tarantino all set to direct his 10th and final movie 'The Movie Critic', sources say

Quentin Tarantino birthday: Unknown facts and Oscar winning director's best movies

The ‘Kill Bill’ actress shared, “He had a weapon of choice. There was a large d***o, and we’re talking something like this,” she demonstrated the size by extending her arm. Thurman continued, “I don’t know who this is made for. An elephant rapist would use this thing.” After re-emphasizing her point, “So this elephant rapist tool, or elephant inseminator, whatever it was,” she said, “Whenever snores would be found in various corners of the set, it would be brought out like Jaws, and then sort of presenting is some ungodly horrific angle next to the face of the offending sleeper.”

It was clear from her speech that she herself was disturbed by the method, as she further continued, “I was quite troubled by it. I found it quite unkind. There would be photographs taken, and there was a wall of shame. I attempted to kidnap this wall on several occasions, but it was kept under lock and key.”

‘I came up with something where it wouldn’t bug me’

In his own visit to ‘Late Night with Conan O'Brien’, Tarantino also confirmed the same. When the host asked him about the method he adopts to punish the detractors on set, he explained, “To put it the exact way, it always bugged me when you shoot at night and see a crew member or an actor sleeping.” He also proclaimed then he was happy about it, “So I came up with something where it wouldn’t bug me, and if it did happen, I’m now happy about it.”

He has in fact given a name to his weapon of choice as he called the d***o “Big Jerry”, “I introduced a new crew member to the set around Jackie Brown, called Big Jerry.” He further continued, “Big Jerry is a big purple dildo that’s about this long,” demonstrating the size before adding, “It’s the second biggest dildo in the store. If somebody has fallen asleep, we come in with Big Jerry, as close to the mouth as humanly possible.”

'The idea was three strikes and you're out'

Also as it happened to be, Uma Thurman was not the only one to be afraid of the weapon of terror. During the shooting of his ‘Inglourious Basterds’, Tarantino made ample use of his Big Jerry. Michael Fassbender told WENN, as reported by Cosmopolitan, "Big Jerry was a giant purple dildo, very large in girth and length. Basically, anybody that was caught going to sleep would get photographed with Big Jerry the dildo somewhere near their face and put up on the Board of Shame. The idea was three strikes and you're out.”

The weapon naturally “worried” the ‘X-Men’ star as he said, "This kind of really worried me because I have a tendency to nap. If I have ten or 15 minutes you'd find me in a corner underneath something but I never got caught.”

He further shared that even the golden boy Brad Pitt wasn’t immune to it, "Brad (Pitt) was up there once on the Board of Shame, Gedeon Burkhard got caught twice, Diane (Kruger) was on the board... There was a lot of people on that board."