Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Man With My Husband's Face' Review: Generic mystery thriller falls flat with predictable ending

2023-05-21 17:55
The plot revolves around a couple whose life turns upside down after the husband appears days after he went missing during kayaking trip
'The Man With My Husband's Face' Review: Generic mystery thriller falls flat with predictable ending

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘The Man With My Husband’s Face’, is a thriller about a woman’s husband who goes missing, presumed dead during a kayaking trip appears days after, however, his comeback sets off a chain of events that unfolds everything she thought she knew about him. The plot revolves around Katrina (Koko Marshall) and Heath (Thomas Gipson) whose life turns upside down after Heath appears as he goes missing for days during a kayaking trip. As Katrina learns about her husband’s weird behavior, more gripping stories unveil what will change their life.

‘The Man With My Husband’s Face’ is quite disturbing and excessively thrilling based on themes of psychological upsetting and revenge. With a great storyline, the idea of this movie based on murder, revenge, and jealousy is quite compelling. The cast of the movie includes Koko Marshall, Thomas Gipson, Katie Page, Steve D’Angelo, Benjamin David Dennis, Courtney Humphrey, and others. Although many similar movies are already out there with more thrilling plots, Lifetime did a great effort trying to portray a perfect revenge genre but failed to add excitement that would have kept the viewers hooked.

RELATED ARTICLES

'Chaos on the Farm' Review: Lifetime thriller movie's predictable plot fails to keep viewers hooked

'Chaos on the Farm' on Lifetime : Release date and how to watch it

Jealousy leads to dark motives

‘The Man With My Husband’s Face’ opens with Katrina and Heath’s disturbed marriage life. Both are seen busy in their own lives as their love for each other begins to disrupt. Katrina tries to make efforts for saving her marriage and bringing back the romance, so she plans a surprise dinner for Heath and books tickets for a kayaking trip. When Katrina and Heath leave for the trip, he is seen distracted by his phone every time Katrina calls him or asks him for anything. It was like Katrina was alone on the trip. However, her patience didn’t last long as bursts at him. While Katrina went on for kayaking, with the thought that Heath is also somewhere there, an unexpected event take place. Unaware of his whereabouts, Katrina searches for him everywhere with the help of police officers and Kayaking’s lady owner. Days pass, but Heath still seems to be missing.

While police officers give up presuming that he drowned, Katrina catches a glimpse of a man who looks exactly like Heath. Later, it is revealed that he survived but was lost in the woods. When both come back from the hospital, Heath’s behavior is entirely changed. Health and Katrina are happy, but a lady (Prisca) comes into play who follows them everywhere. When she finally approaches Katrina, she reveals some unhidden dark truths about Heath that left her confused. Prisca portrays herself as a psychiatrist who seemingly treated Heath and uncovered the darkest truth about his family. She told Katrina that he had a twin brother who got a hold of him and due to his jealousy and rage of having a perfect life, he might have murdered Heath. Katrina, who already knew something was off with fake Heath, believed her and kept on falling into their trap. Later, it was revealed that Prisca and Heath are having an affair and wanted to set a trap for Katrina to get hold of her shares, which when goes public will cost millions. It was all about money, however, Katrina manages to escape from their ghastly ploy. The movie builds up suspenseful tension but lands appallingly flat at the end.

‘The Man With My Husband’s Face’ falls short of thriller-movies standard

Although the acting and characters were all great, the movie fails terribly to deliver a hooking thrilling adventure for the viewers. The story begins to create suspense, however, ends with a flat sudden ending. ‘The Man With My Husband’s Face’ is great for a one-time watch.

‘The Man With My Husband’s Face’ is now available to stream on Lifetime.