Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Apologize for that video': Britney Spears' rant after welfare check over knife dancing clip backfires

2023-10-01 16:58
Britney Spears slammed authorities for showing up at her home after she was spotted dancing with knives, Internet says 'she should be grateful'
'Apologize for that video': Britney Spears' rant after welfare check over knife dancing clip backfires

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Britney Spears made waves after she demanded an apology for the welfare check conducted by the LAPD.

However, Internet users have called out the Princess of Pop after her concerning social media posts.

After Britney posted a series of dance videos where she was seen showing off her knife-wielding skills, deputies from the Los Angeles Police Department paid the ‘Toxic’ singer a visit for a welfare check on Wednesday, September 27.

However, the Grammy-winning singer did not like the move as she strongly condemned the call and demanded an apology.

Sharing a picture of a ballet dancer's feet balancing on a pair of knives, the mother-of-two issued a strongly worded message.

The ‘Baby One More Time’ singer wrote on her Instagram, “Is it a joke in the news again with welfare checks??? Come on America … we cooler than that, right ???”

She continued by sharing her experience, “The officers came to my home and said they would not leave until they spoke to me as people do 4-minute performances with them.”

She then firmly declared, “I am getting an apology. I’ve been bullied in my home for so long now…ITS ENOUGH!”

She added, “Don’t talk about it, come on, let’s DO !!! As my mom does the silent treatment when paps ask questions about her own daughter as if I’m in the wrong…nope it’s an old game.”

Britney concluded the post by saying, “People need to be responsible for their actions! It’s about power for cops.”

Who called for welfare check at Britney Spears' home?

The LAPD Smart Team, which is in charge of mental health assessments, called the Ventura County Police Department's deputies, requesting a welfare check on the 41-year-old singer, as per TMZ.

The deputies further claimed that they don’t conduct a welfare check upon fan requests. However, cops informed the news outlet that the person who called them knew Britney and was concerned about her.

When cops arrived at Britney’s LA home, she reportedly informed them that she was doing fine. However, since the singer didn’t want to interact with the officials, they left after checking up on her.

Britney Spears claimed the knives were fake

Initially, Britney posted the videos of her dancing with knives on September 26.

She posted the set of videos with the caption, "I started playing in the kitchen with knives today 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ !!! Don’t worry they are NOT real knives !!! Halloween is soon 🙈🙈🙈 !!!""

In the next video, she clarified to her worried fans that she was just trying to imitate Shakira as she wrote, "Lighten up about the knives I’m copying Shakira!!!"

However, in a surprising turn of events, fans allegedly noticed she had a gash on her thigh and a bandaged arm.

Meanwhile, after Britney's concerning videos went viral, she clarified one more time that the knives were fake.

On September 29, she took to her Instagram and said, "I know I spooked everyone with the last post, but these are fake knives that my team rented from Hand Prop shop in LA. These are not real knives."

Britney reassured her fans, "No one needs to worry or call the police. I’m trying to imitate one of my favorite performers Shakira … a performance I was inspired by !!!" before adding, "Cheers to us bad girls who aren’t afraid to push boundaries and take risks!"

Internet asks Britney Spears to 'apologize' over bizarre knife-dancing video

The internet users were, however, not happy with Britney demanding an apology as they took to Facebook to call out the singer who was under conservatorship for several years.

One fan said, "She’s gone mad. Glad people care to check on her. She should be grateful vs demanding an apology."

The second added, "Well doing what she’s doing especially dancing with them big knives, I think she does need help and it looks like she needs a maid to clean her house."

Someone else demanded, "She owes an apology for scaring those cute little dogs. That’s the apology owed. Maybe an apology for wasting the officers time on her attention seeking moments. She should apologize."

"She needs medication along with a person who introduces reality to her. playing with knives while dancing in your underwear, unless you are a professional, is dangerous and a cry for attention," said someone else.

Another social media user said referring to Britney, "Apologize for making that video!"

A fan came up with the theory of denial, "She’s tried claiming they are fake ‘prop’ knives, yet you can hear the metal clink in the videos-that’s the most worrying thing, the denial…"

"Apology from who? Brittany (sic) you brought this upon yourself. Now you need to apologize," said someone else.

Tags news