Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How much did Megan Fox's GoFundMe for Brittney Boyce raise? Actress claps back at haters amid fundraiser backlash

2023-07-28 20:50
The fundraiser was aimed at covering medical costs for Boyce's father, who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
How much did Megan Fox's GoFundMe for Brittney Boyce raise? Actress claps back at haters amid fundraiser backlash

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Hollywood star Megan Fox has a penchant for taking on online trolls, and she recently found herself in the middle of a heated online debate. The actress faced backlash when she urged her fans to contribute to her manicurist Brittney Boyce's fundraising campaign, aimed at covering medical costs for Boyce's father, who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. "My friend's dad was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer," Megan wrote on her Instagram Story, along with a link to the fundraiser, "if you guys are able to help please do."

How much did Megan Fox's GoFundMe for Brittney Boyce raise?

Brittney Boyce shared the heartbreaking details of her father's recent cancer diagnosis, revealing that the news came after a CT scan just last week. "He's only 64 years old and still working wasn't planning on retiring anytime soon. He has already missed a lot of work over this and I assume he will be missing a lot more," she wrote.

The situation became even more challenging when she discovered that his "first prescription" was not covered by his health insurance, leaving him with a hefty out-of-pocket cost. "The cost of that alone was $1000 and it's not even a full month supply," she wrote. "My goal here is to help him w/ medical expenses so he can focus on himself and not the stress on finances." The GoFundMe campaign, which sought to raise $60,000 for medical expenses, garnered significant attention and support from the online community. As of July 28, the campaign had amassed over $8,000 in donations.

Social media backlash

However, some social media users criticized Megan's involvement in the campaign, pointing out that her fiancé, Machine Gun Kelly, had previously received an expensive diamond-encrusted manicure from Brittney worth $30,000.

"Megan Fox asking us poor folk for donations when she could probably just give the 30k herself doesn't sit right w me," one tweet read. "I just saw Megan Fox’s IG post about her close friend’s dad who sadly has cancer and she wants donations from her fans. I hate it when celebs do this when they are millionaires and spent thousands $$$ on name-brand stuff, plus millions on their mansions..." another wrote. "She’s already wealthy tho. I hate when celebs ask their fans to pay when it’s chump change to them lmao," someone else chimed in.

Megan Fox claps back

In response to the criticism, Megan addressed her critics with an Instagram Story, titled "hey weirdos," explaining the reason behind her involvement in the fundraiser. She defended Brittney Boyce's wishes, stating that the manicurist did not want her celebrity clients to donate large sums of money. "Do any of you have the emotional intelligence to consider that maybe Brit doesn't want her celebrity clients donating large sums of money to her because it creates a dynamic in her working relationships that makes her uncomfortable?"

Instead, Megan explained that Brittney had asked her to post the GoFundMe so that many people could donate smaller amounts to help reach the fundraising goal. Megan reiterated that if Brittney needed any personal assistance from her, she would do it privately. "One thing you're not going to accuse me of is being miserly or lacking generosity," Megan stated emphatically. She dismissed the online criticism as baseless. "Do try again on another day (probably tmwr!) with some different bulls--t you bunch of psychos," she added.

This was not the first instance of Megan confronting trolls on the Internet. Just days before, she had to shut down potential criticism over a photo of herself wearing a see-through dress by Jean Paul Gaultier.

"Before you start angrily typing — those are not my nipples, calm down," Megan captioned the July 25 Instagram post. "They are safely and completely hidden under nipple covers so no worries, we will all live another day without a rip in the space-time continuum."

Tags news