Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Priscilla Presley denies having sex with Elvis Presley at 14 ahead of her biopic's premiere

2023-09-05 09:51
Priscilla Presley says she and Elvis Presley dated more in 'mind and thought'
Priscilla Presley denies having sex with Elvis Presley at 14 ahead of her biopic's premiere

CENTURY CITY, LOS ANGELES: The actress and ex-wife of late icon Elvis Presley Priscilla Presley is busy with the promotions of her new biopic 'Priscilla' at the Venice Film Festival.

The star, 77, who resides in her $4.8 M home in Los Angeles Century City is the executor of the Presley estate. She created Elvis Presley Enterprises and also turned Graceland into a famous tourist destination.

Priscilla and Elvis' only daughter Lisa Marie died recently. The actress told how it was when she met Elvis at the age of 14.

Priscilla said on Monday during a presser at the Venice Film Festival, "It was very difficult for my parents to understand that Elvis would be so interested in me and why." Referring to herself as the "listener" in the relationship she added, "Elvis would pour his heart out to me."

Elvis was 24 and Priscilla was 14 when they met. Priscilla then denied the rumor of her having sex with Elvis at the age of 14.

She said, "That was the attraction. People think, 'Oh, it was sex, it was this.’ Not at all. I never had sex with him. He was very kind, very soft, very loving. But he also respected the fact I was only 14 years old. We were more in mind and thought and that was our relationship."

How did Priscilla and Elvis Presley meet?

Priscilla was just 14 when she first met Elvis in 1959. They met at a party in Elvis' home in Bad Naugeim, Germany, that he rented during his military service.

According to the reports, Elvis acted as an "awkward, embarrassed" boy next door when she met Priscilla. Therefore, coming back from the party Priscilla's parents insisted on never seeing Elvis again.

But, they continued to see each other and accepted in her 1985 biography 'Elvis and Me' about the relationship the pair shared.

Priscilla told People, "I found myself deeply involved with Elvis. Something in his Southern upbringing had taught him that the 'right' girl was to be saved for marriage. I was that girl. At the same time, he molded me into his woman. I wore the clothes, hairstyle, and makeup of his careful choosing."

Back then she called her relationship "proper and platonic." Whenever her parents stopped her from seeing Elvis, she "pleaded and cried."

The ex-couple exchanged vows in Las Vegas on May 1, 1967. They welcomed their firstborn and only child Lisa Marie on February 1, 1968.

Why did Priscilla and Elvis Presley divorce?

After Priscilla became a mother, Elvis' behavior towards her changed. The actress said, "As the months passed, I realized that now that I was a mother, Elvis was uncertain how to treat me."

Stylecaster reports the king of Rock and Roll's ex-wife claiming, "He had mentioned before we were married that he had never been able to make love to a woman who’d had a child."

Indeed, throughout their marriage, Elvis allegedly cheated on Priscilla with other women. On the other hand, Priscilla also had an affair with the owner of a dance studio.

7 years after the wedding, both renewed their vows in Hawaii and tried to make things work. But Priscilla allegedly went on to have another affair, leading their marriage to end.

Priscilla and Elvis finalized their divorce on October 30, 1973. She said, "I did not divorce him because I didn’t love him. He was the love of my life, but I had to find out about the world."

When will Priscilla Presley's biopic 'Priscilla' release?

Priscilla's biopic named after her name will have a theatrical release on October 27, 2023.

The actress praised Sofia Coppola's direction in the movie, "It’s very difficult to watch a film about you and about your life and about your love. But Sofia did an amazing job. She did her homework. And I really put everything out for her that I could."

The movie stars Cailee Spaeny as Priscilla and Jacob Elordi as Elvis. On the other hand, Priscilla is the executive producer of the movie.