Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who was Adriana Thyssen? Fitness influencer who lost 100lbs in just over a year, tragically dies at 49

2023-09-20 01:59
Adriana Thyssen was popular for her weight loss content, which she shared daily with more than 600K followers on Instagram
Who was Adriana Thyssen? Fitness influencer who lost 100lbs in just over a year, tragically dies at 49

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL: Brazilian fitness influencer Adriana Thyssen, who shed over 100lbs in just over a year, tragically died at the age of 49 due to a mysterious illness. The news of her demise was shared by her cousin on the Instagram page of her plus-size sportswear bazaar called Drika Store.

“It is with deep sadness and regret that we, the Drika Blog and Drika Store team and family announce the death of our dear Drika,” the message read, according to the New York Post. “In this moment of pain, we ask for everyone’s prayer and compassion,” the statement further read.

Adriana Thyssen struggled with weight problems since childhood

Adriana Thyssen reportedly died at her home in Uberlandia, south of Brasilia, on Sunday, September 17, 2023. Her family is yet to announce the official cause of her death.

The health influencer was popular for her weight loss content, which she shared daily with over 600K followers on Instagram.

Thyssen skyrocketed in popularity on social media after she shared her struggles with her weight problems since childhood, which led to drug addiction and depression.

According to the reports by several local outlets, Thyssen openly discussed her issues on talk shows.

“I created a case of dependence on these drugs, depression, and alcoholism. After 15 years of use, I already weighed almost 100kg and was no longer losing weight and was digging a deeper and deeper well in my life” said the social media star, who weighed over 220lbs by the time she was 39.

Adriana Thyssen's inspirational weight loss journey

Adriana Thyssen’s health condition inspired her to take an arduous weight-shedding mission that saw her adopt both a healthy diet and exercise regimens.

The ambitious influencer dropped nearly 80lbs in the first eight months as a result and 20lbs in the subsequent seven, Jam Press reported.

Thyssen credited her epic weight loss to her healthy eating habits and exercise regiments, which she encouraged her followers to adopt should they want to follow suit. It seemed a heavy load had been lifted off her mind as well.

“I have a good sense of humor, I make fun of the worst moments in my life,” said the late gym enthusiast, who also had 500K Facebook followers, in one of the final posts before her death.

“I am very open and frank. My sincerity, with everything that happened, made people follow me as if my life on social media was a reality show,” she wrote.

Tags news