Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Pierce Brosnan recalls 'unforgettable' first encounter with Robin Williams dressed as 'Mrs Doubtfire': 'Give us a kiss'

2023-06-12 18:45
'I was always working with, you know, Mrs Doubtfire. It wasn't till the end of the movie that I met Robin,' claimed Brosnan
Pierce Brosnan recalls 'unforgettable' first encounter with Robin Williams dressed as 'Mrs Doubtfire': 'Give us a kiss'

LONDON, ENGLAND: In a nostalgic trip down memory lane, Pierce Brosnan, the renowned actor famous for his portrayal of James Bond, fondly recalled his first meeting with the late Robin Williams. It was during the filming of the beloved 1993 comedy classic, 'Mrs Doubtfire.' Directed by Chris Columbus and based on the 1987 novel 'Alias Madame Doubtfire' by Anne Fine, the film tells the story of Daniel Hillard, played by Williams, a voice actor navigating the challenges of divorce and resorting to disguising himself as a female housekeeper just to be closer to his children.

Set against the vibrant backdrop of San Francisco, the movie also stars Sally Field as Daniel's ex-wife and features Brosnan as Field's romantic interest. Despite its unconventional premise, 'Mrs Doubtfire' became one of the highest-grossing comedies of all time, solidifying its place in cinema history and serving as a testament to Williams' enduring legacy even after his passing in August 2014. Williams died by suicide after a brief battle with Lewy body dementia.

Pierce Brosnan shares hilarious tale of meeting Robin Williams

Brosnan, recalling their first encounter, said, "I was so thrilled to be working with him, and Sally Field. I remember going up to San Francisco the first day. I went into the makeup trailer, and Robin was there. He had a Hawaiian shirt on, big hairy arms and cargo pants, hairy legs. But he had the head of Mrs Doubtfire," he told GQ.

Brosnan playfully imitates Williams, recreating the memorable exchange, "'Oh, hello Pierce. Oooh, you're very handsome, oooh, give us a kiss! Oooh!' [Deepens voice] 'Hey there, buddy. Nice to see you, glad you came up.' [As himself] 'Hello Robin, how are you man?'... 'Oh, I'm good, man. Been here for hours.'" According to Brosnan, Williams fully embraced the persona of Mrs Doubtfire, remaining in character both on and off-camera.

Robin Williams' 'Mrs Doubtfire' legacy

"I would go to work, and I worked every day on that movie, and I was always working with, you know, Mrs. Doubtfire. It wasn't till the end of the movie that I met Robin." Furthermore, director Chris Columbus has previously expressed his reluctance to consider a sequel to 'Mrs. Doubtfire' without Williams, recognizing the irreplaceable void left by the actor.

Williams' impeccable comedic instincts, boundless energy, and genuine kindness endeared him to cinema audiences and showcased his remarkable ability to fully inhabit and bring to life every character he portrayed. 'Mrs Doubtfire' remains an enduring classic that exemplifies Williams' exceptional talent and stands as a testament to his unique impact on the world of cinema.