Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans back Megan Thee Stallion for taking a break from music to 'heal' amid Romelu Lukaku dating rumours, singer says 'industry can be a grind'

2023-06-02 01:48
Megan Thee Stallion said she is focusing on healing after her legal battle against rapper Toy Lanez who was found guilty of shooting her in July 2020
Fans back Megan Thee Stallion for taking a break from music to 'heal' amid Romelu Lukaku dating rumours, singer says 'industry can be a grind'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Megan Thee Stallion announced she is taking a break from the music industry amid dating rumors with Belgian soccer player Romelu Kukaku with whom she was spotted getting close at a wedding reception in Italy. The singer focuses on "healing" following her legal battle against Canadian rapper Toy Lanez who was found guilty of shooting her in July 2020.

"Fans can expect new music when I’m in a better place. Right now, I’m focused on healing," the 3-time Grammy winner said. "The music and entertainment industry can be a grind so it’s important to take time off and avoid burning out. Life is all about balance," she told InStyle.

'Finding new ways to protect her peace'

The 'WAP' rapper whose original name is Megan Jovon Ruth Pete said that a usual day in her life consists of "spending time with her dogs, working out, bingeing TV shows and simply finding new ways to protect her peace."

The 'Sweetest Pie' hitmaker released her last album 'Traumazine' in August 2022. In April 2023, she wrote about her "trauma" in an op-ed for Elle and opened up about the trial against Lanez, 30, and the legal troubles involved. The fellow rapper was accused of shooting Stallion in the feet after they got into an argument.

In May 2023, Lanez's motion for a new trial in the shooting case after he was found guilty of three charges was denied by a judge. The 30-year-old rapper will be facing 20 years in prison and is set to be sentenced on June 13.

'I didn’t feel like making music'

Talking about the trial throughout 2022, the college student-turned-rapper said, "The truth is that I started falling into a depression. I didn’t feel like making music. I was in such a low place that I didn’t even know what I wanted to rap about."

"There would be times that I’d literally be backstage or in my hotel, crying my eyes out, and then I’d have to pull Megan Pete together and be Megan Thee Stallion," the rapper added, according to Page Six. The 'Big Ole Freak' singer gained worldwide popularity through her first album 'Tina Snow' in 2018. She has collaborated with major stars in the music industry including Big Sean, Cardi B, and Beyonce.

'The Tory Lanez situation was disgusting!'

Fans on social media rushed to support Stallion after she announced her break from the music industry. One Twitter user wrote, "That’s one of the main reasons why I’d wholeheartedly support Megan Thee Stallion if she chose to break away from rap or find another target audience. The way her own community treated her over the Tory Lanez situation was disgusting!" Another wrote, "To avoid burn out life can be overwhelming sometimes."

"Let her take all the time she needs to be honest," a user tweeted. A fan supported the singer's decision and remarked, "I’m glad. She was getting too far into their world and she didn’t need to. Her skills are genuine,"

On the other hand, a few social media users trolled the rapper saying she took a break following her rumored relationship with Lukaku. "She’s taking her new relationship seriously," a Twitter user wrote and another tweeted, "We know the true story. She wants some alone time with Lukaku now that season has ended."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.