Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Paige Spiranac opens up about gender issues and 'hypocrisy' within golf industry: 'It’s different because they’re guys'

2023-11-18 13:48
Paige Spiranac highlighted gender bias and hypocrisy in the golf industry, emphasizing the differences she experiences compared to her male peers
Paige Spiranac opens up about gender issues and 'hypocrisy' within golf industry: 'It’s different because they’re guys'

WHEAT RIDGE, COLORADO: Golf influencer Paige Spiranac has shared behind-the-scenes stories and anecdotes about professional golf, particularly through her podcast available on Apple.

Paige Spiranac highlighted gender bias and hypocrisy in the golf industry, emphasizing the differences she experiences compared to her male peers.

Paige Spiranac discusses the struggles she faces

During a recent Q&A session on her podcast, 'Playing a Round With Paige,' the former professional golfer talked about the kind of content she produces.

The influencer delved into her career as a golfer, the clientele she caters to, and the process of selecting a specialization.

The golfer mentioned that many companies hesitate to collaborate with her due to her adult content, which amuses her as she observes, "I look at my male counterparts, and I feel like they’re creating content that, at times, can be a little bit more risky than my content."

She was talking about how the majority of her audience is comprised of men. "But it’s different because they’re guys."

Additionally, Spiranac expressed that she doesn't want to turn it into a "gender issue," but she does find the "hypocrisy within the golf industry" to be disconcerting at times.

“Eight years of getting kicked in the face repeatedly of companies… making a snap judgment about you and not looking at the power that I have and the amazing audience that I’ve captured, and the good that I can do,” the 30-year-old concludes in her statement.

Paige hasn't hesitated to speak out against gender inequality in the golf industry. The player also shared her thoughts on the changes from the previous year.

Paige Spiranac discusses the mistreatment of women in golf

In October 2022, Paige Spiranac discussed the mistreatment of women in golf, referring to the sport as "male-dominated."

Despite facing criticism and cyberbullying, especially for the attire she chooses for events, Spiranac confronted her detractors directly, asserting that gender bias is at the heart of the resistance to change.

Her audacious move was a proclamation of intent, a vow to change the game of golf for women overall as well as her own experiences.

The influencer went on to discuss supporting a more inclusive and progressive atmosphere but also criticizing the old and backward culture of the sport's leadership.

Spiranac hopes to raise awareness, dispel stereotypes, and usher in a new age for women in golf—one in which advancement and inclusivity are of utmost importance—with each article, podcast, and interview.

Tags news