Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Violet Grohl? Dave Grohl shares the stage with his daughter, 17, at 2023 Glastonbury festival

2023-06-25 18:50
Dave and Violet Grohl performed a song from Foo Fighter's most recent album 'But Here We Are' at Glastonbury
Who is Violet Grohl? Dave Grohl shares the stage with his daughter, 17, at 2023 Glastonbury festival

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: Dave Grohl's daughter Violet is now performing on stage with him. The Foo Fighters frontman, 54, presented his oldest child on Friday at the 2023 Glastonbury Festival before playing a song from his band's most recent album, 'But Here We Are'.

As Violet, 17, entered the stage, Grohl called her "my favorite singer in the world." "I created this song for Violet's grandma, my mum. This is 'Show Me How.'" The father-daughter combo concluded the song, and the former Nirvana drummer screamed, "That's my girl!" He also made a joke, saying, "I love it when you're on stage with your daughter and you hit a bad note." Grohl and his teen initially performed the song on June 16 at a gig in Pelham, Alabama.

Who is Violet Grohl?

Violet Maye Grohl was born to Dave and Jordyn on April 15, 2006, according to IMDb. Violet revealed her innate singing abilities to the public 12 years later. She was home-schooled and attended a Los Angeles private school to earn her high school diploma. Harper Willow and Ophelia Saint are her younger sisters, as reported by Famousbirthdays.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Violet and her father worked together to cover Adele's 'When We Were Young' for a concert to raise money for the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals. Although the Grammy-winning British vocalist is very difficult to match, Violet dazzled the crowd with her extraordinary range and control.

Foo Fighters played their first show since drummer Taylor Hawkins died earlier this month. Grohl sent a handwritten statement on Instagram thanking the band's supporters for their "emotions" at the group's first performances following Hawkins' death in March 2022 at the age of 50.

Foo Fighters hadn't played together since the tragedy until a few gigs last year that served as tributes to the late artist. The group's current tour dates are slated from late May to the beginning of January 2024.

'When I see your tears, it brings me to tears'

Grohl wrote in his post, "Now that we've returned from our first run of shows, I felt compelled to reach out and thank you all for being there for us. Every night, when I see you singing, it makes me sing harder. When I see you screaming, it makes me scream louder. When I see your tears, it brings me to tears," continued the former Nirvana member.

The tribute added, "And when I see your joy, it brings me joy. But, I see you... and it feels good to see you, churning up these emotions together," added Grohl. "Because we've always done this together. Time and time again. See you soon," as reported by People.