Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jenna Bush Hager shares sweet moment as she reunites with daughter Mila, 10, after summer camp: 'We got our girl back'

2023-08-01 12:26
Jenna Bush Hager has finally reunited with her daughter Mila, 10, following her summer at a sleepaway camp
Jenna Bush Hager shares sweet moment as she reunites with daughter Mila, 10, after summer camp: 'We got our girl back'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: In a recent ‘Today with Hoda and Jenna’ episode, Jenna Bush Hager shared heartwarming moments in a clip as she reunited with her daughter, Mila, 10, who returned from summer camp.

The first former daughter and NBC show host's love for her daughters, Mila and Poppy, and son, Hal, shines through in her public moments as she often gushes about them on social media or ‘Today’ show. Recently, she shared her sweet reunion with Mila who got back from her summer camp, and showcased the clip which captured an emotional hug between her two daughters.

‘There’s nothing like reuniting’

Hager shared a heartfelt video of Mila and Poppy reuniting. She told her co-host Hoda Kotb, “My weekend was great. We went down to Texas, and we got our girl back!” While the video opened, Mila was seen leaping into Hager's arms outside the camp while Hager and Poppy ran towards her, giving her what the mother of three described as a "koala bear wrap" type of hug.

Hager enthusiastically shared her excitement about the reunion, stating, "It was so fun. There's nothing like reuniting.” She made sure to bring her "large hat” on the trip, which was a standout feature in the video. Hager continued, “It was so happy, it’s worth sending your kids to camp just so you can get them back.”

Following this tender moment, Mila and her younger sister Poppy hold each other's hands, showcasing their sibling bond. With ear-to-ear smiles, they exchange a big hug, radiating joy and love in the special moment they share as sisters. Hager exclaimed, “There was something so, so sweet about seeing the sisters reunite.”

Hager continued to share more from her weekend fun as she revealed how Mila and Poppy teamed up to choreograph a water ballet show in a small pool. She said, “Poppy was Ken and Mila was Barbie, which is just like a birth order thing. You know how good it is to see the sisters together.” Kotb then went on to ask if Mila loved her summer camp to which Hager replied, “She loves it. I mean, she’s probably one of the only kids from the Northeast — a lot of Texans. It’s really hot, with no air conditioning, but she loves it! It’s so fun to go see her and feel that independence.”

'Dear Mom and Dad, I miss you'

Since her earlier days at summer camp, Mila has significantly grown. Back in 2021, she wrote letters to her parents, which Hager said broke her heart ‘in million pieces’. In the letter, Mila wrote, “Dear Mom and Dad, I miss you. I wish I could be with you.” As Hager continued to read the letter, she jumped to the line which really drove her, “PS Daddy, how much longer ‘til you pick me up? I miss you too much. I need to stop crying. So goodbye. I miss you terribly, Mom and Dad.”

Hager also shared how difficult it was to drop her off at camp as she said, “She was like, ‘Don’t cry, Mommy,’ and I said, ‘I’m not going to cry,’” getting emotional while recalling the moment. She continued, “I had on my sunglasses. There was something about it because it’s the camp I went to as a little girl, so there was this nostalgia. Also, I got out of the car and she said, ‘Mommy, I have sunscreen in my eyes.’ But I knew she didn’t have sunscreen in her eyes. It was just this feeling of ... she’s old! How is she old enough to go away from me for three weeks?” Hager concluded.