Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Are Joe Rogan and Sean O'Malley friends? UFC fighter receives positive 'text' from commentator after Aljamain Sterling win: 'That was cool'

2023-08-24 16:24
Sean O'Malley's UFC 292 second-round TKO win over Aljamain Sterling earned praise from Joe Rogan, Kevin Durant, and Robert Griffin III
Are Joe Rogan and Sean O'Malley friends? UFC fighter receives positive 'text' from commentator after Aljamain Sterling win: 'That was cool'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: At UFC 292, Sean O'Malley defeated Aljamain Sterling in a spectacular second-round TKO win, catapulting him into the ranks of the sport's elite MMA athletes.

Many MMA experts did not believe O'Malley would defeat Sterling. O'Malley, however, not only triumphed in the game but did it spectacularly.

Many sports figures congratulated the boxer after his stunning win. O'Malley has been thanking his supporters and MMA celebs who took the time to congratulate him since winning the bantamweight title.

One of these well-known figures is UFC commentator Joe Rogan. Athletes from several sports have also messaged O'Malley.

Joe Rogan’s text message to Sean O’Malley

During episode 249 of the 'TimboSugarShow', the recently minted UFC Bantamweight Champion revealed the names of those who messaged him following the UFC 292 win.

O'Malley said that he has got notes from some of the greatest personalities in sports as he basked in the glory of his most recent victory at UFC 292.

These celebrities include NBA great Kevin Durant, NFL standout Robert Griffin III, and UFC commentator Joe Rogan. “Joe Rogan has messaged me. Cool, cool. Robert Griffin III messaged me. Kevin Durant tweeted at me. That was cool," he said.

“I remember sitting on the couch, watching SportsCenter on ESPN all the time, looking at the athletes making sick plays. Like knowing, I was like, ‘I can, I could do that, I could do shit like that, I can do, I can f**in’ make plays,” O’Malley recalled while reflecting on his journey.

Sean O’Malley vs Marlon Vera

Following his spectacular win at UFC 292, O'Malley made his first champion-level attack on the opponent who had previously dealt him his lone MMA defeat.

O'Malley confronted Marlon Vera to settle the score after Vera had defeated him in the first round via TKO.

The combatant has since shifted his position, warning Vera to treat their rematch with respect or else O'Malley will give it to someone like Henry Cejudo.

He has also stated that he intends to take on boxing champion Gervonta Davis, demonstrating his willingness to consider opportunities outside of the MMA Octagon.

“I’ll go box Gervonta (Davis). I’ll fight Henry. I’ll wait for Cory. You need to chill out with your f**king ugly a*s outfits,” he said.