Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It's wonderful': Billy Crystal praises Robert De Niro on fathering a child at 79 in recent interview

2023-05-12 01:18
'I was with him two weeks before the baby was born,' said Robert De Niro's friend Billy Crystal
'It's wonderful': Billy Crystal praises Robert De Niro on fathering a child at 79 in recent interview

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Billy Crystal the longtime friend and co-star of Rober De Niro, who is publicly being criticized for fathering a child at the age of 79, — described the news as "wonderful." The Oscar-winning star recently announced he had a baby during an interview about his forthcoming movie 'About My Father.'

'The God Father' actor corrected the ET Canada host as he was asked about his six children, saying "Seven actually...I just had a baby," he revealed. On Thursday De Niro finally introduced the baby. Sharing the details with Gayle King on CBS Mornings, Robert De Niro and his partner Tiffany Chen welcomed Gia Virginia Chen-De Niro in early April. King said the couple was "over the moon" and that they both wanted the baby."

READ MORE

Robert De Niro brutally trolled after welcoming 7th child at 79

Brendan Fraser and girlfriend Jeanne Moore rock matching blue outfits, snuggling up at NYC charity gala

'You know, it's amazing'

The 'Raging Bull' actor has mostly drawn criticism for fathering a child at this age, putting him in the spotlight. The people on social media are apparently irate because they think "the child will soon be fatherless."

"I was with him two weeks before the baby was born," Crystal, 75 told People. "You know, it's amazing," he continued. 'When Harry Met Sally' star is a longtime friend and former costar of De Niro, 79. Crystal was present at the screening of Yogi Berra documentary 'It Ain't Over' on Wednesday where he reacted to De Niro welcoming his seventh child.

"I think it's a beautiful thing. It's wonderful

Mentioning De Niro and his rumored partner Tiffany Chen's relationship, 'Analyze This' costar said, they "just love each other, and they want to do this together," adding, "I think it's a beautiful thing. It's wonderful."

'Taxi Driver' actor has wed twice. With his first wife Diahnne Abbott, he has two children, Drena, 51, and Raphael, 46. In addition, he and his ex-wife Grace Hightower are parents to Elliot, 25, and Helen, 11. Furthermore, he and his ex-girlfriend Toukie Smith have twin boys, Aaron and Julian, who are now 27.

'I’m good with it' De Nero expressed his feelings but fatherhood

“I’m good with it,” De Niro told Extra after being asked about his feelings on becoming a father for the seventh time. However, for him, the fatherhood "Never gets easier.” The two-time Oscar-winning actor told ET Canada earlier this week, "I don't think I've ever been a cool father."

"I'm OK. My kids disagree with me at times, they're respectful. My daughter is 11 and she gives me grief sometimes and I argue with her and adore her." He added, "With my youngest now there will be more to come but that's, you know - that's what it is."

'Tiffany is such a beautiful woman'

Kim Cattrall, who stars along with De Niro in the upcoming film 'About My Father,' claimed De Niro and his rumored girlfriend Chen welcomed their seventh kid. "God bless him, his significant other. Tiffany is such a beautiful woman," Cattrall, 66, told Extra. "She came to the set once with her family and watched filming, and she was gorgeous and sweet. I'm happy for both of them."

Tags news epcelebs