Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Paige Spiranac discovers multiple fake accounts on Twitter, Internet asks 'How do we know this is really you?'

2023-06-24 20:58
Paige Spiranac encountered multiple fake accounts and took to Twitter to caution her fans about scammers using her identity
Paige Spiranac discovers multiple fake accounts on Twitter, Internet asks 'How do we know this is really you?'

WHEAT RIDGE, COLORADO: Paige Renee Spiranac, also known as Paige Spiranac, is a notable internet personality and golf instructor who has garnered a massive following of over 4 million on Instagram and 809.9k on Twitter. A prevailing trend involves individuals creating social media accounts using the names of their favorite internet personalities, commonly referred to as "fan accounts."

As many influencers encourage this practice, numerous people have opened numerous fan accounts dedicated to specific internet personalities. However, this trend can sometimes disrupt the official accounts of influencers, as some individuals use the influencer's name to create accounts that fall under the category of "fake accounts." Recently, Spiranac encountered multiple fake accounts and took to Twitter to caution her fans. To learn more about her tweet, read on!

‘Just some of the fake accounts on Twitter’

In the recent tweet of Spiranac, she addressed the presence of fake accounts on Twitter. In a proactive move, she captured a screen recording on her phone showcasing the numerous fake accounts that have surfaced. The recording, spanning approximately 40 seconds, features her scrolling through these accounts as a cautionary measure for her dedicated fan community.

In the tweet, she urged her followers to report and block any accounts that claimed to be her. She also clarified that she does not have any private accounts and will never ask for money or gift cards. Additionally,she stated that she does not have accounts on Google Hangouts or WhatsApp. Here's what she tweeted, “Just some of the fake accounts on twitter. Please report and block accounts claiming to be me. I do not have any private accounts and I will never ask for money or gift cards. I don’t have Google hangouts or WhatsApp. Thank you!” By sharing this tweet, she aimed to inform their audience about the existence of fake accounts and ensure that her followers do not fall victim to scams or impersonation cons.

'How do we know this is really you??'

After Spiranac's fan found the tweet, they started thanking and sharing their thoughts, "maybe a way to cut down on this is for everyone to have a unique profile photo and twitter detects any duplicates and prevents other accounts from using the same image. Alternatively, if someone uses a profile photo already in use, twitter can secretly flag it as being a highly probable spam account and deprioritize that account.@elonmusk" Another wrote, "Thanks Piage... I guess I've been scammed by impostors for months now!! Good luck with Boss," while another asked, "How do we know this is really you??" A tweet read, "Just saw news about that creeper showing up at your events, maybe you should hire a security or bodyguard stay safe Paige"

Tags news