Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who are Phoebe Waller-Bridge's parents? Actress' family belonged to Cuckfield's landed gentry

2023-06-28 19:16
Phoebe Waller-Bridge's parents are divorced and her father is now married to artist and designer Rosemary Goodenough
Who are Phoebe Waller-Bridge's parents? Actress' family belonged to Cuckfield's landed gentry

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Among the most-awaited movies this summer is 'Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny'. Fans are excited not just because the movie features Harrison Ford playing one of his most iconic characters in the movie, Phoebe Waller-Bridge too stars in the movie. The 'Fleabag' star will play Ford's character Indiana Jones' goddaughter, Helena Shaw, in the movie.

It was speculated earlier that Waller-Bridge would play Indiana's daughter but now, her role in the swashbuckling action flick has been confirmed. Since she appears briefly in the trailer, little is known about her character or her past. While media outlets speculate about the parents of her on-screen persona, let's find out about the actress' true parents.

Who are Phoebe Waller-Bridge's parents?

Waller-Bridge is the daughter of Theresa Mary (née Clerke) and Michael Cyprian Waller-Bridge. Her father founded the online trade platform, Tradepoint, while her mother, the daughter of Sir John Edward Longueville Clerke, 12th Baronet, works for the Worshipful Company of Ironmongers. The actress once said about her mother, "I want to say thank you to my mother who once said to me: 'Darling, you can be whatever you want to be as long as you’re outrageous.'"

The Waller-Bridge family belonged to the landed aristocracy in Cuckfield, Sussex. The actress is also a direct descendant of The Rev Sir Egerton Leigh, 2nd Baronet, who served as the Conservative MP for Mid Cheshire from 1873 until his death in 1876, as per IMDB. Her grandfather, Cyprian (1918–1960), was a BBC announcer and actor, who was described as "a Wodehousian sort of character... 'the eccentric son of an eccentric vicar.'"

Waller-Bridge's parents are divorced. Her father is now married to artist and designer Rosemary Goodenough.