Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Arnold Schwarzenegger's wild love life: Actor was in open relationship with hairdresser in the '70s

2023-05-12 17:52
Arnold Schwarzenegger had a convenient arrangement with hairstylist Sue Moray before he met his future wife Maria Shriver
Arnold Schwarzenegger's wild love life: Actor was in open relationship with hairdresser in the '70s

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Arnold Schwarzenegger is preparing for a tell-all documentary series in which he will clear up all misconceptions about his time in the spotlight. The forthcoming three-part docuseries 'Arnold', which is scheduled for release next month, will feature the 75-year-old actor "telling his own life story."

The Netflix series, which will see Schwarzenegger open up about various events of his life, has brought renewed focus on his romantic history. For a period, the actor was in a relationship with his hairdresser after his separation from college student Barbara Outland. Despite the fact that the relationship was open, there were certain limitations, as per FandomWire.

READ MORE

Maria Shriver reveals how marriage to Arnold Schwarzenegger sent her to a CONVENT!

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shiver divorced at last as decade-old proceedings end

Relationship with college student

Austrian-born Schwarzenegger immigrated to the US in 1968, where he met Barbara Outland, an outstanding college goer. A year later, in 1969, they began dating. Schwarzenegger and Outland, according to The Telegraph, used to grill and hang out at the beach while leading a laid-back lifestyle in Santa Monica, but their relationship failed because of his obsession with bodybuilding.

Arnold and Barbara split up in 1975 after six years of dating, as per Mirror. The actor reflected on the breakup in his autobiography. The 'Terminator' actor wrote, "Basically it came down to this: she was a well-balanced woman who wanted an ordinary, solid life, and I was not a well-balanced man and hated the very idea of ordinary life."

Open relationship with hairdresser

Arnold Schwarzenegger began seeing Sue Moray, who was 25 at the time, two years after he ended his relationship with Barbara Outland. The Hollywood-based hairstylist spilled the beans on their affair more than ten years ago in 2011. The then-25-year-old hairdresser and the actor agreed to be in an open relationship.

Moray revealed their arrangement with The Sunday Times, which obliged her to remain at Schwarzenegger's home while he was in town. Moray said, "When he was in town, he would be committed to me and I would live with him and go to work from his house. But when he was out of town, we were free to do whatever we wanted and to date anyone else we wanted."

They reportedly found their arrangement to be a "turn-on" and remained in an open relationship for almost four years before he met Maria Shriver. After 25 years of blissful marriage and four children, the couple decided to part ways due to the housekeeper episode.

Housekeeper fiasco and secret son

We know a lot about the former California governor, including his intriguing love life. In 1986, Arnold Schwarzenegger wed Maria Shriver despite having an affair with Brigitte Nielsen. The 25-year marriage, however, imploded when it came to light that Schwarzenegger was father to a 13-year-old boy with his housekeeper. Shriver filed for divorce in 2011, and it was finally finalized in 2021.

Schwarzenegger acknowledged having an affair with Mildred Patricia Baena in an interview with Los Angeles Times in 2011. The Guatemalan housekeeper was living in their residence at the time. Joseph Baena, now 25 years old, was born to Mildred Patricia and Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1997, five days after the birth of Christopher, Arnold and Shriver's son.

Despite his dishonesty in his marriage, Schwarzenegger accepted full responsibility for his actions, including the financial repercussions. Schwarzenegger and Shriver handled their split amicably and have remained as a family ever since their divorce was formally finalized in December 2021.

'I have caused enough pain'

In the teaser for his new three-part documentary, Schwarzenegger revealed how his relationship with the housekeeper wrecked his marriage and family. He said, "People will remember my successes and they will also remember those failures. It was very tough on my marriage, on my relationship with the kids. I have caused enough pain for my family that I will have to live with it for the rest of my life."

Only after Joseph was six or seven and began to resemble him did Schwarzenegger come to the realization that he was his son. It goes without saying that when the 'Terminator' actor releases his documentary, more information may become available regarding the entire affair. 'Arnold' will debut on Netflix on June 7.

Tags news