Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'American Idol' 2023 fans 'shocked' over We Ani's elimination, say contestant was 'robbed'

2023-05-15 11:20
A user wrote, 'I was shocked when We Ani was voted off tonight. I think Megan should have been sent home instead'
'American Idol' 2023 fans 'shocked' over We Ani's elimination, say contestant was 'robbed'

ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA: 'American Idol' Season 21 Top 3 contestants were revealed during Disney night. Katy Perry and Lionel Richie are back in the judges' chairs alongside Luke Bryan. Besides the contestants' performances, viewers were also treated to stirring performances of Sofia Carson, Sara Bareilles, and Halle Bailey.

The top 5 hopefuls sang their hearts out but only Colin Stough, Megan Danielle, and Iam Tongi made it to the finale. We Ani and Zachariah Smith had to bid goodbye to the ABC network show as they received fewer votes from the viewers. However, social media users say Ani was "robbed."

RELATED ARTICLES

Could We Ani reach Top 10? 'American Idol' viewers left impressed with 'The Voice' alum's original song

'American Idol' 2023: We Ani's voice leaves judges stunned, fans say she 'could totally win'

We Ani stuns judges with her stirring performance

Ani performs 'The Climb' by Miley Cyrus from 'Hannah Montana'. The aspiring singer enjoyed her time in Disneyland with her mother. Notably, Ani's mom gave up her singing career to raise kids but now Ani took the stage to become the next singing sensation. Ani was backed by an orchestra and delivered a showstopping performance. Luke complimented, "You delivered perfectly. It’s a great song choice. Elegant delivery." Lionel gushed, "I’m in love with you. What really makes the difference... you make any song you sing... do you feel it." Lionel begged America to vote for Ani. Meanwhile, Katy said, "Look how high you are. Those dynamics you played with... you are a master of your craft."

We Ani gets eliminated

Though the judges Katy, Luke, and Lionel loved Ani's performance, the aspiring singer failed to earn enough votes to grab a spot in the Top 3. However, social media users think Ani deserves a spot in the finals instead of Megan. A viewer tweeted, "I’m so sick of country idol. We Ani 100% should've been in the finals #AmericanIdol." Another Twitter user wrote, "I was shocked when We Ani was voted off tonight. I think Megan should have been sent home instead." Another social media user said, "More proof that Americans can't get it right when they vote....there's no FOOKING WAY that Colin & Megan were better than Zachariah & We'Ani." "We ani was robbed #americanidol i will no longer be watching," added another fan. Another user penned, "What were people listening to? CLEARLY We' Ani should have been top 3. How did Megan get more votes?? I am guessing Wé is free to sign a contract with a label or do her own thing now." Another critic noted, "We Ani deserved to be Top 3 #AmericanIdol #Top3 fail Travesty that she wasn’t voted on merits. I wish the judges would step in. And why are so many people into Megan? Ugh! No where near as good or talented as We!"

'American Idol' Season 21 airs every Sunday and Monday at 8 pm ET on ABC.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.