Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Donald Trump is lying': 'Morning Joe' host Joe Scarborough ridicules ex-POTUS' promise to testify at trial

2023-09-08 09:28
'Morning Joe' hosts react to Donald Trump claiming he would testify at his own criminal trial
'Donald Trump is lying': 'Morning Joe' host Joe Scarborough ridicules ex-POTUS' promise to testify at trial

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: On Wednesday, September 7, ABC News reported that former President Donald Trump told radio host Hugh Hewitt that he would “testify in his defense if any of the four criminal cases he is charged in go to trial.”

The following day, Joe Scarborough addressed this claim made by Trump on ‘Morning Joe’ and mocked the former president for the same.

Upon hearing Trump in conversation with Hewitt, Scarborough said, “Give me a break.” Scarborough is also convinced that Trump will “never testify.”

Donald Trump believes he is 'covered under the law'

‘Morning Joe’ presented a brief part of Donald Trump and Hugh Hewitt’s conversation on ‘The Hugh Hewitt Show.’ In this, Hewitt asked Trump, “So if you have to go to trial, will you testify in your own defense?”

To this, Trump responded, “Oh, yes, absolutely.” Trump also said that he “looks forward” to taking the stand. The former president also believes he is “totally covered under the law,” and asked Hewitt to read the Presidential Records Act.

As Trump moved on to talk about President Joe Biden and Special Counsel Jack Smith, ‘Morning Joe’ host Joe Scarborough interrupted the audio clip and said, “Come on, seriously, give me a break.”

Joe Scarborough claims Donald Trump is lying

Joe Scarborough continued once the audio clip from ‘The Hugh Hewitt Show’ ended, “Donald Trump is lying, he’s lying on so many levels. First of all, he will never testify.”

Scarborough then imitated Trump and said, “In two weeks I’m going to testify, in two weeks I’m going to put out my Georgia report. In two weeks I’m going to build a rocket ship in Mar-a-Lago and fly to the moon.”

As the rest of the ‘Morning Joe’ co-anchor laughed at Scarborough's impression of Trump, Scarborough added, “All, all lies.”

Joyce Vance explains why Donald Trump won’t testify

Former US Attorney Joyce Vance joined ‘Morning Joe’ for this discussion, and Scarborough asked her, “Explain why no lawyer will ever let Donald Trump testify under oath and why Donald Trump will never let his lawyer testify him under oath.”

Vance responded, “Donald Trump is not capable of taking the witness stand and telling the truth. He’s not capable of following any instructions he is given about what he can and can’t testify to.”

Vance also added that Trump would be “bombastic” on the witness stand, and would essentially be “malpractice for a lawyer to let him testify under oath.”