Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Paige Spiranac's shocking pick for The Open Championship? Internet says 'keep emotions in check'

2023-07-21 17:45
Paige Spiranac had predicted Rory McIlroy would win the Scottish Open and she was right
Who is Paige Spiranac's shocking pick for The Open Championship? Internet says 'keep emotions in check'

WHEAT RIDGE, COLORADO: The 30-year-old golf influencer Paige Spiranac is back again with her picks for the 2023 Open Championship in another video that’s gone viral. Earlier, she had not shied away from giving her opinions on the Scottish and PGA tournament.

The well-known golf influencer spoke out earlier this week, reminding everyone that although the competition, which is being held at Royal Liverpool Golf Course, will be wrongly referred to as the "British Open" over the coming few days, the right nomenclature is something else. "It’s The Open or The Open Championships, people," she stated. Now this time, Spiranac has opened about her picks for the event's winners.

'My last pick is Dustin Johnson'

Spiranac predicted Rory McIlroy would win the Scottish Open last week, and she was right. So her picks for the Open Championship piqued the interest of the audience. 156 of the best golfers in the world are competing in the 151st Open Championship tournament, and Spiranac took to Twitter to identify the players she thinks have a chance to win the major. She said, "It's time for Open picks," she said. "If I've learned anything this year, it's to stick to what you know. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. So, I'm sticking with some familiar names from last week. Starting off strong with Tyrrell Hatton playing some tremendous golf. If he can keep his emotions in check, look out for him. A very popular pick this week is Tommy Fleetwood playing some great golf. Grew up 30 miles from Royal Liverpool, could be a Cinderella Story for Tommy Fleetwood."

"You guys know, I can't pick Rory," Spiranac continued. "I said I will never pick Rory again in a major but he is (whispers) not a bad pick. Cam Smith, defending champion said in his press conference, 'Don't worry, guys, the trophy will be back with me in a couple of days.' I love that confidence and my last pick is Dustin Johnson."

'Keep the emotions in check'

It is worth noting that Paige Spiranac stated last week that she will not pick Rory McIlroy for a major because he has failed to meet expectations in a few tournaments this year. However, he has been playing incredibly well and has recently improved his game. He won the Scottish Open last week and finished second at the 2023 US Open. Several users commented on Spiranac's video. A user wrote, "Your picks have outperformed mine consistently this year. I’m going out on a limb with Rickie Fowler - seems to be back to his prior form." The second user wrote, "Either Scheffler, Rory, or Fleetwood. Those are my three--one of them will win@TheOpen" The third user wrote,"Ladies love a charmer David!" While the fourth user wrote,"keep the emotions in check"