Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Deon Derrico worries about losing his mom Marian 'GG' to lung cancer: 'I'm going to be an absolute wreck'

2023-07-12 01:48
Deon Derrico's mom Marian 'GG' had been diagnosed with lung cancer in 2014 following which she had to undergo chemotherapy treatments
Deon Derrico worries about losing his mom Marian 'GG' to lung cancer: 'I'm going to be an absolute wreck'

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: Deon Derrico, the star of TLC's 'Doubling Down with the Derricos', is facing a tough challenge as his mom, Marian "GG" Derrico, continues to fight lung cancer. In a video clip from Tuesday night’s episode of 'Doubling Down With the Derricos', Deon and GG shared an emotional moment as they discussed her health condition and the impact it has on their family.

GG, 73, had been diagnosed with lung cancer in 2014 following which she had to undergo chemotherapy treatments. Although as per reports, the treatment slowed down the tumor growth in 2022, the tumor in her lung grew to a "baseball" size, and she decided to start treatment again.

'It’s the mental fight, it’s the emotional fight'

The clip as reported by People, shows GG breaking down in tears as she tells Deon that her white blood cells are "very low" and she has a high risk of infection. She says that she is struggling not only physically, but also mentally and emotionally.

“It’s not just the physical fight,” she says. “It’s the mental fight, it’s the emotional fight. I can only fight so much.” Deon, 52, comforters her telling her she is a "strong woman." Deon then confessed to the producers that he is terrified of losing his mother and that he has to put on a brave face for her and for his children. “I’m going to be an absolute wreck if anything happens to my mother," he said.

GG shares an 'emotional connection' with Deon's 14 grandchildren

Deon and his wife Karen have 14 children, including four sets of multiples: Darian, 17, Derrick, 12, 11-year-old twins Dallas and Denver, nine-year-old quintuplets Deonee, Daician, Daiten, Deniko, and Dariz, five-year-old twins Diez and Dior, and three-year-old triplets Dawsyn, De'Aren, and Dyver. He stated that his children have an “emotional connection” to their grandmother and that he doesn't want them to see her getting emotional.

'A simple cold could really make her sick'

He also shared his frustration with cancer and how it limits GG's ability to be around people. “With her white blood cells being so low, a simple cold could really make her sick,” he said before adding “It makes me angry at cancer. She can’t be around people. She can’t technically be around us." He admitted that he feels "weak" sometimes and that he wonders "What now?" as he tries to support his mother through her cancer journey.

Tags news