Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Get a life': Fox News' Sean Hannity slammed for pointing out Joe Biden's 'petty' gaffe during FEMA HQ speech

2023-09-03 09:53
Internet blasts Sean Hannity for focussing on Joe Biden's 'petty' slip of tongue at FEMA HQ
'Get a life': Fox News' Sean Hannity slammed for pointing out Joe Biden's 'petty' gaffe during FEMA HQ speech

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: After Hurricane Idalia’s damaging effects in different parts of the country, President Joe Biden briefly spoke about it at the FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) headquarters where the POTUS mispronounced 'landfall' as 'landfill.'

After Biden’s response speech at FEMA, Fox News anchor Sean Hannity took to X, formerly known as Twitter, to express his thoughts about the same. Hannity labeled Biden’s speech as ‘horrendous’ after POTUS said, “Hurricane Idalia made ‘landfill.’”

In response, Hannity was asked to “get a life” by people on the internet, as several came to defend Biden, and the others simply trolled Hannity, for pointing out a small detail that was taken from Biden’s FEMA speech.

What did Joe Biden say at FEMA HQ?

On Thursday, August 31, Joe Biden spoke about Hurricane Idalia at FEMA and said, “And I'm here at FEMA today. Just a few minutes ago, I received a call from your Administrator and - Criswell - and - who is Florida and helping them recover - at least doing the initial assessment - of that Category 3 storm that made landfill.”

As reported in C-SPAN’s transcription of Biden’s speech, “landfill” was a mispronunciation for “landfall.”

Sean Hannity labels Joe Biden’s speech ‘horrendous’

On X, Fox News anchor Sean Hannity tweeted an eight-second clip that focussed on Biden saying “landfill” instead of “landfall.” Hannity wrote, “Biden Says Hurricane Idalia Made ‘Landfill’ In Horrendous Florida Speech.”

Internet bashes Sean Hannity for pointing out Joe Biden's gaffe

After Sean Hannity’s tweet about Joe Biden at FEMA, responding to Hurricane Idalia, the internet asked Hannity to “get a life” as one person wrote, “Oh, the horror! The absolute horror. Get a life, Sean.” One person also tweeted, “Oh, you’re so perfect, I forgot.”

People have also compared Biden’s “gaffe” to the likes of Marjorie Taylor Greene, Donald Trump, and Hannity, as one wrote, “So? MTG and Trump have made many, many more gaffes!” and another said, “How terrible of Biden. Terrible. I've heard you mispronounce as well, what is your excuse?”

Hannity was also called “petty” over this tweet, “This is so petty. Was he wearing tennis shoes while he misspoke? The horror!” and another tweet read, “I would rather listen to him fumble his words than the negative crap you spew every day. His heart is in the right place, yours is not.”

Tags news epcelebs