Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'That's the EP calling me': 'The View' host Joy Behar answers her phone during debate on device addiction

2023-06-14 11:57
Joy Behar who has previously disrupted 'The View' broadcasts with her cell phone got a surprise call from EP Brian Teta
'That's the EP calling me': 'The View' host Joy Behar answers her phone during debate on device addiction

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Mishaps are nothing new on 'The View," especially when it comes to comedian-host Joy Behar. On another panel of the daytime talk show, Behar was the victim of a prank call while the panel was discussing cell phone addiction.

The 80-year-old presenter has received calls before while sitting on the panel and on air. But this time, surprisingly, Behar took the call while the cameras were rolling, because the person behind the call was the executive producer of the show himself.

‘The View’ hosts discuss device addiction

The talk show hosts brought up a conversation around the current obsession with technology and personal devices for their Hot Topic segment. Whoopi Goldberg introduced the topic by bringing up an inquiry received by the Washington Post about people’s worrying usage of devices, especially in the workplace.

While the hosts shared their views on the issue, mostly agreeing with the concern of phone addiction, Behar jokingly added, “I should almost recuse myself from this conversation because I am such an addict, as you know, Whoopi.” Goldberg responded to her with a knowing and amused smile.

The 80-year-old comedian then proceeded to give more evidence for her addiction, detailing an episode where her phone went off while she was at the gynecologist’s clinic. "One place you should not [use your phone is] the gynecologist's office," Joy said.

Joy Behar receives the call from 'The View' executive producer

While the show hosts were deep into their conversation, co-host Sunny Hostin noticed Behar’s phone ringing on the table. “That’s the EP calling me!” Behar exclaimed, shocked that the executive producer Brian Teta’s caller profile was displayed on her phone screen.

“What,” Behar said into the call before hanging up immediately as the camera cut to the EP himself who was sitting in the audience. The hosts shared a laugh over the whole incident and the EP’s clever prank.

The show host had previously received a call while the cameras were running and her ringtone blasted during a panel discussion. The host went through a state of panic as she was unable to turn her phone off. The EP became part of this incident as well as Behar apologized to him right after.

Tags news epcelebs