Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'She has gotten funnier': Kathy Griffin gets love from 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' fans as she talks about lung cancer battle

2023-10-04 20:45
Kathy Griffin said to Jimmy Kimmel, 'I don't mean to brag, but you know Taylor has Swifties and I have fans'
'She has gotten funnier': Kathy Griffin gets love from 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' fans as she talks about lung cancer battle

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kathy Griffin, a Grammy and Emmy Award-winning comedian and actor, appeared as a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live on the most recent episode following her lung cancer battle, and fans believe the 62-year-old has "gotten funnier."

This week has been especially exciting for TV show fans as their favorite late night programs have resumed airing after a writer's strike-mandated absence of almost 150 days.

Griffin, born Kathleen Mary Griffin discussed a variety of topics, including how her voice changed after battling lung cancer, her quest to ruin sports, the relationship between Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce, and much more.

Kathy Griffin on her struggle with lung cancer

The 'Pulp Fiction' star entered the stage amidst audience cheers. Host Jimmy Kimmel got the ball rolling, saying, "It's very good to see you. How are you feeling?"

"I feel better um my voice is like a little different," replied Griffin, adding that she had lung cancer. She continued, "It was super high-pitched before but it's getting better."

"But I know I'm cancer-free, so I'm okay," the 62-year-old continued. Kimmel described it as "great news" as the audience cheered delighted with Griffin's health update.

Later, the host asked Griffin to play a snippet of her voice from her last appearance on his program before cutting to the footage in which she describes her lung conditions.

In her most recent episode, Griffin said that she has a "permanently paralyzed left cord so my voice will probably always be like this but I am still hilarious." The crowd reacted as she reiterated, "I am funnier."

The comedian said, grinning broadly at Kimmel, "I do have half a left lung and I'm bitter against the two-lunged community and I feel like you guys are judging me with your two lungs."

Kathy Griffin on Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

Griffin brought up "Traylor" as Kimmel seemed to have no idea what she was talking about as she changed the subject. Griffin teased the host, saying, "Oh, wake up Grand Ma."

Griffin then added, "I don't even know you anymore," when Kimmel eventually made a joke about not knowing "Traylor."

The 62-year-old host was then updated about Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift's rumored romance. Griffin appeared to be just as ecstatic as many Swifties and Chiefs supporters.

She stated," I watched the competition the other night to see Taylor in the booth dancing..."

"But what I want to tell you is, I know that you and your sports fan friends think you can like trash talk and if he starts losing, people will turn on her," she went on. "Let me tell you something, you sports people don't stand a chance against the Swifties."

Griffin further said not to mess with Taylor Swift's fandom. "I fear them because she is my queen," she added repeatedly, motioning for Kimmel to emphasize "She is our queen."

Previously the actor tweeted a promo photo and wrote, "Repeat after me…She is our queen! She is our queen! No, not me, you Swifties, I mean Taylor. You have to watch me on @JimmyKimmelLive to get it. #ABC #Kimmel@JimmyKimmel"

Griffin concluded the conversation by saying, "I don't mean to brag, but you know Taylor has Swifties and I have fans," as the applause rang out in the studio.

Internet reacts to Kathy Griffin's return to 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'

Fans of 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' celebrated Kathy Griffin on her return on TV after her lung cancer battle. In the YouTube clips from the show, fans left their comments.

A fan remarked, "She's been through a lot. I gotta love her. Not pity….RESPECT!"

Another fan said, "I love her, so grateful she found love within herself to keep progressing. Can’t wait for the more!"

"Kathy is so funny and resilient!" mentioned another user. One viewer proclaimed, "She’s a blast. Love that quick-witted, jaded pixie."

"I love her so much for always being so honest and direct," wrote another.

"She's an icon! You can tell Jimmy actually likes her because he lets her finish a sentence!" noted another. One person admitted, "She’s so cool. She has gotten funnier as she has gotten older."

Another user appreciated,"I have much respect for her and she is as funny now as she ever was , despite all she has been through. Plus she looks great !"

Tags news