Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Oliver Anthony's net worth: From turning down $8M to living in a 'home' worth $750

2023-08-23 17:55
'Rich Men North of Richmond' propelled Oliver Anthony to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 as the YouTube views boosted his financial standing
Oliver Anthony's net worth: From turning down $8M to living in a 'home' worth $750

RICHMOND, VIRGINIA: In the world of country music, a new sensation has emerged, capturing the spotlight and sparking fervent discussions. Oliver Anthony's name has been on everyone's lips lately, all thanks to his soul-stirring track 'Rich Men North of Richmond'.

Anthony, a Virginia farmer, and musician with a distinctive red beard, recorded the song while out in the American wilderness. The song unexpectedly rose to the #1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100.

The song's music video, posted on August 8, has already been viewed over 33 million times on YouTube and has captured the attention of news outlets across the political spectrum.

The song was meant to uplift the working class and young individuals struggling to get by, and it has been embraced as a blue-collar anthem across the United States.

Following his song's impressive performance on the iTunes chart and Spotify's U.S. Top 50, many are curious about Oliver Anthony's current net worth.

Oliver Anthony: Net worth (2023)

Oliver Anthony's estimated net worth ranges between $1 and $2 million, as reported by Disractify.

According to Los Angeles Times pop music critic Mikael Wood, Anthony has achieved significant financial success. Wood mentioned that Anthony has become a "rich man south of Richmond" himself and has been reported to earn around $40,000 per day from sales and streams of his music.

Oliver Anthony has no interest in being in the spotlight

In his wildly popular song, Anthony sings, "I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bulls**t pay / So I can sit out here and waste my life away."

While these lines may sound like the singer wants to make more money and leave his tough life behind, his true feelings, as he shared in a Facebook post, are actually the opposite.

Oliver Anthony has made it clear that he is not interested in pursuing fame. He revealed that he turned down an 8 million dollar deal from people in the music industry.

He wrote on Facebook, "People in the music industry give me blank stares when I brush off 8 million dollar offers. I don't want 6 tour buses, 15 tractor trailers and a jet. I don't want to play stadium shows, I don't want to be in the spotlight."

"In 2019, I paid $97,500 for the property and still owe about $60,000 on it. I am living in a 27' camper with a tarp on the roof that I got off of craigslist for $750," he added.

People have eagerly gathered to witness Anthony's performances at various music venues following his rapid surge to fame earlier this month.

He is set to take the stage at the sold-out Blue Ridge Rock Festival (7-10 September), sharing the spotlight with renowned bands like Slipknot, Megadeth, and Evanescence.

Tags news