Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Voice' 2023 Semifinals: Ray Uriel's elimination from Team Chance sparks concerns about his future

2023-05-16 11:57
Ray Uriel's journey on the show had been a testament to his unwavering determination, ever since he got a 'one-chair turn' in the blind auditions
'The Voice' 2023 Semifinals: Ray Uriel's elimination from Team Chance sparks concerns about his future

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: As the much-anticipated semifinals of 'The Voice' kick-off, viewers are on the edge of their seats, eager to witness the electrifying live performances. There's an undeniable undercurrent of sadness as Blake Shelton bids adieu to the show, paving the way for the legendary Reba McEntire. It's a bittersweet moment, as fans prepare to say goodbye to an icon while eagerly anticipating the arrival of a new one.

However, as the competition heats up and the stakes get higher, fans were shocked by Ray Uriel's elimination. The decision didn't sit well with the audience, who took to social media to vent their frustration. They not only criticized Chance the Rapper for his role in the decision but also urged him to focus on his own future as a singer, highlighting the importance of talent in the entertainment industry.

RELATED ARTICLES

'The Voice' 2023 Semifinals: Fans say Chance the Rapper's energy 'seems off' as he looks uncomfortable on live TV

'The Voice' 2023 Playoffs: Chance the Rapper slammed for 'playing hot potato' with Kala Banham all season

Ray Uriel does not make it to 'The Voice' finale

In the electrifying semifinals of 'The Voice,' it was Indiana soul singer Ray Uriel from Team Chance who took the stage as the second performer. Ray's journey on the show had been a testament to his unwavering determination, ever since he got a "one-chair turn" in the blind auditions. He had fought tooth and nail to secure his spot in the highly competitive semifinals, and now it was time to show the world what he was capable of. Impressed by Ray's talent and potential, Chance the Rapper had been a vocal supporter from the start. He referred to Ray's routine as "fire" and encouraged him to take charge of the band when they reached the live show. Ray, fully aware of the magnitude of the opportunity before him, humbly stated, "There's no Plan B. I'm here on faith and a dream," emphasizing his unwavering commitment to pursuing his passion.

For his performance, Ray chose the timeless classic, 'Can You Stand the Rain', by New Edition. He began the song with his trademark falsetto, effortlessly capturing the audience's attention. As the music progressed, he seamlessly transitioned into delivering heartfelt lyrics in his lower register, showcasing the diverse range and depth of his vocal abilities. The stage, adorned with peculiar laser lights that occasionally stole focus, served as a backdrop for Ray to shine, accentuating the best parts of his voice. Carson, the ever-insightful host, described Ray's cover as a "trip back in time," transporting listeners to a nostalgic era. Kelly, one of the esteemed coaches, wholeheartedly echoed Carson's sentiment, exclaiming, "I'm with you!" Meanwhile, Blake, known for his love of all things '80s, confessed to being a "fan" and praised Ray as a "killer" performer. Coach Chance could hardly contain his pride, expressing how incredibly proud he was of Ray's performance. He noticed the growing confidence within his artist, recognizing how each step in the competition had pushed Ray to become even more self-assured. But unfortunately, he was eliminated at this stage and did not get a chance to move on to the finals.

'Please support Ray getting into the business'

Ray's elimination from 'The Voice' left fans devastated, their hearts heavy with disappointment. Some fans took to social media, directing their thoughts to Chance, urging him to take charge of Ray's future and introduce him to the dazzling world of showbiz. Simultaneously, other fans expressed their frustration, calling out Chance for what they perceived as a missed opportunity to recognize Ray's exceptional talent. The YouTube comments section became a virtual sanctuary for Ray's admirers, who poured out their love and support. One fan said, "One of the best voices this year. I hate so bad I won't hear Ray next week. It doesn't seem the coaches gave him enough praise and credit. Top 3 for me. Ray's voice is smooth to me." Another fan chimed in, emphasizing, "Ray, you did a very good job! I will always love your voice. Definitely buy your record.", while another said, "You did really good Ray. Best of luck on your journey!"

The tweets echoed the sentiment of loss and admiration for Ray's talent. One tweet likened Ray to Baby Face, drawing parallels to a musical legend. They said, "Ray reminds me of Baby Face…. so so good!" Another tweet expressed profound heartbreak, lamenting his exclusion from the competition, "Ray was so good heartbroken he did not get in." Amid the social media discourse, a fan expressed their conviction that Ray's early elimination was due to the complexities of voting, proclaiming, "The ones at the beginning, I think, got lost in the voting. He was my #1 favorite just to let you know." The undying support for Ray's velvety-smooth, old-school RnB style was palpable, with a tweet asserting, "Ray Uriel keeping that old-school RnB vibe alive, vocals so silky smooth, slithering through those intervals. He's ready to make a record." Ray's departure from 'The Voice' may have left fans disheartened, but their unwavering admiration for his talent and their fervent desire to see him succeed in the music industry is a testament to the impact he made during his time on the show.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.