Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How has Keke Palmer's life transformed after becoming a mother? Actress opens up about embracing motherhood

2023-07-12 07:58
'After having my baby, I’ve just gotten so much more powerful. I’m just so strengthened in a crazy way,' said Keke Palmer
How has Keke Palmer's life transformed after becoming a mother? Actress opens up about embracing motherhood

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Keke Palmer and her boyfriend Darius Jackson welcomed their first baby together in February this year, and the actress is now opening up on motherhood. Talking in an interview with a leading magazine, the ‘Alice’ star said, "After having my baby, I’ve just gotten so much more powerful. I’m just so strengthened in a crazy way. Strutting my stuff, enjoying."

The 29-year-old star continued, "I’ll be honest, I think before I even had the baby, I was really actually quite self-conscious. In a way that you would expect, considering the kind of work that I do as a public figure. Always trying to be on point with my body and always trying to make sure I’m taking care of this and that. There’s a lot of physical attention."

How has Keke Palmer's life transformed after becoming a mother?

Palmer further revealed how she was desperate to get back to her ‘pre-baby body,’ but her trainer calmed her down, “He was just like, 'Well, we are never going to try and get your body back to how it was before a baby because you birthed a child.' It’s like, that’s not something to hide, that’s something to embrace. We’re going to lean into this new body," she shared.

The ‘True Jackson, VP’ alum further told The Cut, "That is the whole aura of what’s happening with me in this big boss era as I come into my 30s and I have my baby boy. I’m just continuing to spread my wings as a young woman. My headspace is just to continue to inspire and encourage myself and anybody else who wants to go down that road with me. Because we’re growing and we are changing. It’s all about loving who I am and loving what I experienced and what I’ve gone through that’s gotten me here. A lot of gratitude for me."

'I have standards & morals to what I believe'

Darius Jackson was recently criticized for outfit-shaming Keke during an Usher concert. The crooner sang for the actress on stage, while she danced to his tunes. "It's the outfit tho.. you a mom," he commented.

He further explained his remark in another tweet, “We live in a generation where a man of the family doesn’t want the wife & mother to his kids to showcase booty cheeks to please others & he gets told how much of a hater he is. This is my family & my representation. I have standards & morals to what I believe. I rest my case."

Tags news epcelebs