Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Logan Roy alive? Brian Cox makes major revelation about his character's fate in ‘Succession’

2023-05-29 07:29
Brian Cox wished that Logan Roy could still be around to spoil all the fun for Kendall, Shiv, and Roman in the finale of HBO's ‘Succession’
Is Logan Roy alive? Brian Cox makes major revelation about his character's fate in ‘Succession’

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: While fans would have loved to see Logan Roy emerge in the final frame of ‘Succession’ as Kendall is about to take the Waystar throne, they dispelled all hopes of this as fan fiction and wishful thinking. ‘Succession’ is HBO's flagship show portraying the story of a corporate patriarch who decides to step down from his role of running the world’s biggest media and entertainment company as his children fight and scatter to take the throne for themselves. Brian Cox brilliantly portrayed the commanding, short-tempered, and foul-mouthed head of the Roy family, Logan, who gets his way. However, his death in the third episode of the final season didn’t sit well with the actor.

Now, in an exciting turn of events for fans all over, Cox has revealed in an interview with BBC Two that Logan may very well be alive. Speaking to Amol Rajan, the 76-year-old Scottish actor spilled some beans about his journey as Logan Roy on the hit show and disclosed that his character may have been written off a tad bit early from the series.

RELATED ARTICLES

'Succession' star Brian Cox glad to tell his fans to 'f**k off' on a regular basis

‘Succession’ Season 4 Episode 9 Review: The Roy siblings unleash the ultimate political dystopia over America

‘I did feel a little bit rejected’

Cox revealed his stance on Logan’s death in the interview with BBC Two and said, “I was fine with it ultimately, but I did feel a little bit rejected.” Cox even mentioned that he filmed several funeral scenes more than a year and a half ago and was asked to no longer visit the set to film false scenes of Logan’s funeral service. But Cox went down to the set location to confuse the paparazzi who were there to click photos and learn about the death of a particular character on the show. Cox’s presence took off all suspicions and paparazzi couldn’t guess that it was Logan’s funeral service that was being filmed.

Cox also disclosed in the interview that Logan could still be alive. “I still believe this, maybe Logan isn't dead. Well, if you think about it, from Logan's point of view, he has to find out, how are his children going to behave when he dies, and what will then happen. And the only way to do that is to fake his death and actually, at some distant point he's observing the chaos that is following.” But Cox later chuckled and cleared all doubts. He agreed that Logan is dead and will not be returning. “I'm just saying that could have been a supposition,” he added.

Is Sally-Ann Brian Cox’s wife in real life?

The penultimate episode of ‘Succession’ saw a moment where all of Logan’s wife and mistresses came together and sat in the front row of his funeral. While Kerry and Marcia held hands, Caroline brought forth one of Logan’s other mistresses named Sally Ann. This surprise cameo shook the fans as they recognized the woman playing Sally Ann. It was Brian Cox’s real wife Nicole Ansari-Cox who played the role with much grace and the fans jumped up with joy after seeing her on screen.

The final episode of ‘Succession’ Season 4 airs on Sunday, May 28, 2023, at 9 pm EST on HBO and HBO Max.