Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Hugh Grant is a 'rabid Blink'! Blackpink fans can’t get over actor attending K-pop concert

2023-07-05 19:57
Grant humorously declared himself a 'rabid Blink' and joked about sleeping ‘with my heart hammer'
Hugh Grant is a 'rabid Blink'! Blackpink fans can’t get over actor attending K-pop concert

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: Hugh Grant, the 62-year-old Golden Globe winner, has joined the ranks of BLACKPINK fans, known as BLINKs, as he showed his support by watching their performance in London. The 'Bridget Jones's Diary' star revealed on Twitter that he attended the BST Hyde Park festival in London to see the South Korean girl group live. Grant expressed gratitude to three eleven-year-olds, likely referring to his daughter Tabitha and her friends, for taking him to the concert, writing, “Very grateful to three eleven year olds for taking me to see @BLACKPINK yesterday”.

In his tweet, Grant humorously declared himself a "rabid Blink" and joked about sleeping "with my heart hammer", referencing the signature pink hammer-shaped light sticks called BI-Ping-Bong used at BLACKPINK concerts.

Hugh is all in for ‘Pink Venom’

As per Metro UK, Hugh Grant, known for his role in 'Glass Onion," enjoyed the BLACKPINK concert from an exclusive elevated area designated for celebrities and VIPs. Reports from fans also suggested that he was seen wearing a BLACKPINK hoodie during the event.

Fans were at awe to see the widly renowned actor enjoying K-Pop music. Twitter users took the chance to pour in their comments with one writing, "Glad to see you there!! I actually couldn’t believe you would turn up as someone spotted you from below." Another wrote, "Welcome to the family."

A few other users rushed to the comment section to express, 'How You Like That?' while another commented, "You should be their leader and exempler."

Apart from Tabitha, Grant has four other children, including son Felix Chang with his ex-partner Tinglan Hong. He is also a father to a son named John Mungo and two other children with his wife Anna Eberstein, whose names have not been publicly disclosed.

‘It was a dream to work with him’

In his upcoming movie role, Grant will take on a beloved character in a family-friendly film. At CinemaCon 2023, it was revealed that he will portray one of Willy Wonka's Oompa Loompas in 'Wonka', a prequel to 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' featuring Timothee Chalamet as the eccentric chocolatier. Chalamet expressed his excitement about Hugh Grant's portrayal of an Oompa Loompa in the movie.

Chalamet mentioned, “It was a trip. Hugh is one of our greats … it was a dream to work with him." Director Paul King shared that Grant's character as an Oompa Loompa in the film would be of a diminutive stature, standing no taller than knee height, as reported by Entertainment Weekly.